The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Hyde was sure Odor with his veternosity would get the bunt down.   Odor gives us an edge and turns a great DP.....or dont you know?    He isnt a sub .200 hitter way past his prime.  Oh no not that.

I think Odor was just trying to get his value exactly at replacement level again.  Hopefully he didn't overshoot to -.1.

6 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

For the most part I think Hyde has been fine, but bunting with Odor in the 9th today was mindboggling. Much of Odor's value on the team is because he can end a game with one swing.

Really it speaks to how pointless Nevin is. A lefty on the mound and Tyler gets called back because Hyde values Odor giving himself up over the possibility of Nevin actually getting a hit.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

Really it speaks to how pointless Nevin is. A lefty on the mound and Tyler gets called back because Hyde values Odor giving himself up over the possibility of Nevin actually getting a hit.

Only reason he is here is to back up Mountcastle. That’s it.  

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That wasn't a contending team.

I know that, but the sheer stupidity of it vaults it to another level IMO.  Everyone can see he was beyond done yet Buck kept giving him the ball.  And when it's the pitcher who is so abysmal, you can't hide him like you can hide a hitter.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Only reason he is here is to back up Mountcastle. That’s it.  

But there's no reason to take up a roster spot for that. Anyone could get us through the end of a game of Mountcastle got hurt. As has been said many times, poor roster construction.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Gentile4 said:

But there's no reason to take up a roster spot for that. Anyone could get us through the end of a game of Mountcastle got hurt. As has been said many times, poor roster construction.

Ryan was hurt the other day. Who started?  

1 hour ago, O's84 said:

I know that, but the sheer stupidity of it vaults it to another level IMO.  Everyone can see he was beyond done yet Buck kept giving him the ball.  And when it's the pitcher who is so abysmal, you can't hide him like you can hide a hitter.

And Dan giving him a ML contract for 3M.

No other team was going to give him a ML deal after 2017.

13 hours ago, foxfield said:

The Orioles were going all in 2018.  Tillman was literally the final piece.  Buck lobbied for him and the 3M deal.  And I think they were in fact in contention all the way through mid April.

It would be nice if we could just toss $3 million at a big Dominican signing. People always think Big PA never spent. He did. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Letting Kremer out for the 8th inning tonight. Remains to be seen how it plays out but I don’t like this. 

I actually liked the move. Seems the young guys have learned a lot this series. Big strides. Kid gloves off. Big boy pants on. A well rested bullpen down the stretch. I'm hyped. All guts so far this weekend.