Losing Loewen?

tywright

Prior to going to the instructional league, did Adam really think he was good enough to get some interest from other teams. I doubt he did. So cut the guy some slack. If you were courted by your hometown team, wouldn't you be a little interested??

Not if I had wasted the other team's money, which is exactly what Loewen did. We did everything in our power to help this kid out, and this is the gratitude we get!? If there's any truth to this report, Loewen's dead to me.

There is no honor in this game. Now I believe it more than ever.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I for one don't think it's right if Loewen signs with the Jays.

Question...Could we have told Loewen that we wanted him to try to come back in 2 years as a pitcher, stuck him on the 60 day DL, and told him to have the surgery and rehab to get back in 2010?

And pay him $600k and $400k for 2009 and 2010 while he's on the DL? They can only cut him 20% per year.

I understand all the posters saying he can do whatever he wants, but this seems VERY dishonest, the organization made a big mistake in giving him all this time to get himself right, extra training etc. I have to think they would NOT have done any of this if they didnt feel confident he was coming back. They should have released him right away and THEN resigned him. I wonder how much effect that Loewen performing well in instructional league had on Toronto's desire to sign him.

Obviously this is a rare situation, but I have to think this is the last time an organization makes this kind of concession for an ailing player.

Wow, did not see this coming at all. Roch's going to have to pull that foot out of his mouth....

I dont think anyone saw this coming.

We should have just DFAed him and the Blue Jays would have had to claim him from us. If he cleared waivers, he would HAVE to report to the Orioles.

I dont mind that Loewen signed elsewhere, but I hate that we put our resources into helping him. I wish he would have been a man and at least say he wanted to go to the BJs.

Archived