O's @ Yankees April 6th

scOtt

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been working, but I turned away in horror when the bases were loaded with nobody out, and I was flabbergasted to find out that the man showed up and struck out the side. Whatever happens, that was a nice recovery. But The pitch count is up. I hope our fool manager doesn’t let him linger too long.

Now a good manager would have been paying attention, would have anticipated an early exit, and would get somebody up before necessary so as to avoid a bunch of guys on base. I was eating dinner so I missed it, so can somebody tell me whether our manager did this? Or is he just now getting somebody up, with two guys on base courtesy of walks?

Asking for a friend...

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Now a good manager would have been paying attention, would have anticipated an early exit, and would get somebody up before necessary so as to avoid a bunch of guys on base. I was eating dinner so I missed it, so can somebody tell me whether our manager did this? Or is he just now getting somebody up, with two guys on base courtesy of walks?

Asking for a friend...

Well, any manager would expect more than 3 innings. 

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

Well, any manager would expect more than 3 innings. 

Are you saying that a manager should ignore his starters pitch count or performance? I’m thinking not.
Sometimes a guy just doesn’t have it, and when you throw ~75 pitches in three innings, you don’t have it, and the manager needs to be prepared for that, he wasn’t yesterday and he’s not now.