Connolly: P.A. Announcer Ryan Wagner fired on Opening Day

Moshagge3

This weird part is it happened before the game yesterday when Ryan was already at OPACY preparing for opening day. Hope this isn't over something petty. 

Wagner, who was entering his 10th season behind the microphone for the club, was at Camden Yards early on Thursday morning recording spots for local television stations in preparation for the team’s first game in front of fans in 18 months.

But at some point Thursday morning, prior to the game, he was told to leave the stadium. On Friday he was officially terminated.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This weird part is it happened before the game yesterday when Ryan was already at OPACY preparing for opening day. Hope this isn't over something petty. 

I think the likelihood of it being over something petty is quite high.  It all depends on whose definition of "petty" is used, however.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I heard a public address announcer from the Dominican Summer League is getting the call to replace Wagner. 

I'd hate to rush someone.  I think they should have to publicly announce at all the various levels and earn their way to the majors.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd hate to rush someone.  I think they should have to publicly announce at all the various levels and earn their way to the majors.

Did we gain an extra year of public  announcer time by waiting to call him up now?

• Haha 3