Yermin Mercedes (White Sox, former O's farmhand)

Tony-OH

29 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

He was known as a bit of a head case in the Orioles system if I recall. 

This article doesn’t give specifics, but yeah Mercedes has gotten into trouble in the past.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/yermin-mercedes-long-journey-to-mlb-stardom.html

Johnny Dipuglia, Washington’s assistant general manager of international operations, who signed Mercedes in 2011, suggested to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic that Mercedes’ behavior was a factor in the team’s decision to cut him.

“He had some discipline problems over here, I won’t deny that,” Dipuglia told Rosenthal last month, adding, “For him to get to the big leagues after the struggles he had, it shows me he had a lot more mental fortitude than I thought he did.”

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This article doesn’t give specifics, but yeah Mercedes has gotten into trouble in the past.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/yermin-mercedes-long-journey-to-mlb-stardom.html

Johnny Dipuglia, Washington’s assistant general manager of international operations, who signed Mercedes in 2011, suggested to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic that Mercedes’ behavior was a factor in the team’s decision to cut him.

“He had some discipline problems over here, I won’t deny that,” Dipuglia told Rosenthal last month, adding, “For him to get to the big leagues after the struggles he had, it shows me he had a lot more mental fortitude than I thought he did.”

How thoughtful of Johnny to make that public information.  

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Sounds like the guy may have psychological/emotional problems.   I hope he’s able to get his game back on track, and if he is having the problems I am speculating about (I certainly don’t know), address those effectively as well. 

After the last few years, we all have psych/emotional problems ???

• Haha 1