Fangraphs on Mullins

Frobby

The Votto-like elimination of pop-ups after lots of them in past years was the most interesting bit the writer turned up.

Apart from the fun I guess that he already has about half as many hits v. LHP this year than he'd had in his career before letting go of the switch hitting.

I know Kremer and Akin have had bleh starts but among the Maybe/Maybe Not group for future nuggets, Mullins' growth is maybe a bigger positive than any negatives so far.

• Upvote 1

Random thought. I wonder if Mullins could play some 2B where his arm would play better. I was skeptical his 2020 numbers would stick but he has proven me wrong. I just wish he had enough arm to be a true CF. Will be interesting to see where he plays when Hays comes back. I feel like Santander RF, Hays CF, Mullins LF would be our best defensive alignment. 

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Random thought. I wonder if Mullins could play some 2B where his arm would play better. I was skeptical his 2020 numbers would stick but he has proven me wrong. I just wish he had enough arm to be a true CF. Will be interesting to see where he plays when Hays comes back. I feel like Santander RF, Hays CF, Mullins LF would be our best defensive alignment. 

56 minutes ago, Philip said:

Hays is better at CF.

Mullins/Hays/Santander is OF COURSE the best defensive outfield.

Mullins at 2B is an intriguing idea. I wonder if it has been considered?

He is left handed. How many lefties have you ever seen play 2nd base?  There is a reason for that.  

• Upvote 3