Rally and announcement 11/12?

SpringBarb

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Maryland flag patch will be on the shoulder according to Drew of WNST:

http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforrester/2008/10/29/new-os-home-uniforms-will-salute-maryland/

I will try to keep this from becoming a bash Drew post, but I swear to goodness, all he does is complain about the Orioles PR and why they don't reach out to him. Then, he posts this kind of stuff after they have made it known to the media that they want the unveiling to be a Big Event type thing. God forbid Drew let the Orioles unveil their own damn uniforms! No, instead, in his post, he makes it seem pretty obvious that if and when he gets his hands on any photos, he will make them known to the loyal followers of WNST. Nice work Drew!

And he wonders WHY Greg Baider (sp?) doesn't reach out to him and WNST? :rolleyes:

Maybe the O's are hoping that a new style will help them reach the World Series, like it did for Tampa... :rolleyestf: ;)

So, should we change our names from the Orioles to the O's?;)

I would be disappointed if the bird is "fierce" as Schmuck is saying. I want a return to the cartoon bird. That hat would be unique compared to current MLB hats and IMO create higher sales than a rough looking bird.

Drew didn't put out any information that wasn't already available. For example, Tom Davis talked about the Maryland patch months ago.

True, but Drew insinuated that maybe it would be before the 12th that we see the unis. To me, that means if he can, he will spoil the grand unveiling by posting pics before hand.

A Maryland flag patch will be on the shoulder according to Drew of WNST:

http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforrester/2008/10/29/new-os-home-uniforms-will-salute-maryland/

Sweet, he says there's a new home jersey as well!

Maybe the O's are hoping that a new style will help them reach the World Series, like it did for Tampa... :rolleyestf: ;)

Color me nervous on the idea of a new home jersey (given that the Orioles have had "new" home jerseys in 1995, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2001, 2002 and 2004). I fear a return of a jersey script closer to the "official logo" script (which I don't care for all that much). A "new" home jersey also points to a change to, or worse, the elimination of, of the alternate jersey.

Also...color me unconvinced on the Maryland flag patch. Not that I have anything against Maryland, but, as I've said before, that's one busy flag to try to render in a sleeve patch.

Give me the cartoon bird swinging a bat--the original one, not the "Fun Bird"--as a sleeve patch any day of the week.

On a completely different note, can someone get Drew a new blog photo? He looks like he should be institutionalized.

Also...color me unconvinced on the Maryland flag patch. Not that I have anything against Maryland, but, as I've said before, that's one busy flag to try to render in a sleeve patch.

Give me the cartoon bird swinging a bat--the original one, not the "Fun Bird"--as a sleeve patch any day of the week.

Excited about the new home jersey but I'm a little skeptical of the flag patch...Seems like the colors wouldn't gel but we will see.

I was hoping for the cartoon bird. Perhaps they will make our alternates the one's that they wore as throwbacks this year? That would be pretty cool.

I think that the Ravens were able to incorporate the flag nicely into their jersey's. So I think there is a decent shot that the O's won could work if this does happen.

Archived