Rally and announcement 11/12?

SpringBarb

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's clearly the unveiling of the new road jersey. Looks like they have modified the old "Baltimore" script to conform to the "Orioles" script on the home jersey. (It's kind of sad that I'm such a jersey geek that I can suss this out from the picture on the front of the card, but so it goes...) Wonder if this means anything (good or bad) for the home and alternate jerseys? We'll know on the 12th!

I'll be there with bells on!

I can't believe the new uniform design has not leaked anywhere on the internet yet. I've been poking around various sites dedicated to these types of things and can't find a thing.

That being said I have to believe that this is the purpose of the announcement on 11/12. Just in time to place Christmas orders!

I can't believe the new uniform design has not leaked anywhere on the internet yet. I've been poking around various sites dedicated to these types of things and can't find a thing.

That being said I have to believe that this is the purpose of the announcement on 11/12. Just in time to place Christmas orders!

Things have been very quiet on the uniform unveilings front this year, perhaps because of what happened last year, when everything was leaked over the summer.

If anyone here cares, the Nationals are supposedly doing one on 11-6 at the ESPN Zone in DC.

It's clearly the unveiling of the new road jersey. Looks like they have modified the old "Baltimore" script to conform to the "Orioles" script on the home jersey. (It's kind of sad that I'm such a jersey geek that I can suss this out from the picture on the front of the card, but so it goes...) Wonder if this means anything (good or bad) for the home and alternate jerseys? We'll know on the 12th!

I'll be there with bells on!

That's sounds acceptable. I just don't want any changes to our home jersey, which is classic, the best.

That's sounds acceptable. I just don't want any changes to our home jersey, which is classic, the best.

Actually, I would make changes to the home jersey, which I've posted before. At minimum, I'd reduce the size of the second "o" in "Orioles", and clean up the transition from it to the "l".

Doesn't it seem like when a team changes its uniforms, it suddenly becomes good? Look at the Rays and Buccaneers (ironic they are both from Tampa LOL). Maybe it could actually happen with the O's too.

Yeah. Right.

1989, guy.

Cartoon bird laid to rest, O's are in contention until the last day of the season...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I think we have all the stats from Cal Ripken's career.  I think we have all the stats from Ted Williams' career.   If you're equating to someone finding an extra hit for Ty Cobb in the 80s, or someone getting a base hit instead of an error that's corrected later that evening after the game, or a rushing yard adjusted the next morning, that's not the same thing as what we're discussing.  
    • I pretty much agree with this, though I'd add that, mathematically, it'd be pretty hard for the Negro Leagues to have the same talent level as MLB. In 1930, the USA was 88.7% white. For ease of use, we'll call everyone else "black" which gets us to 11.3%. This means MLB had nearly eight times as many people to draw talent from as the Negro Leagues. This doesn't mean that there weren't players in the Negro Leagues who would have/did have great MLB careers, there are many examples of players who did. But unless you believe blacks are eight times better at baseball than whites or eight times more likely to seriously pursue a career in baseball (I don't believe this, or the reverse. I imagine they are/were pretty much equal, or at least not nearly different by a factor of 8.), then the Negro leagues were likely a significantly lower level of competition than the MLB. Not trying to deny that these men were done a great injustice by not being given the opportunity to play in MLB. Just saying most of their numbers wouldn't directly translate. As for making up for past injustices, I imagine most, if not all the men who played in the Negro Leagues are dead or soon will be. The ability to make restitution to these men has largely passed. And I don't think it appreciably helps modern black youth like baseball more by adding the Negro League stats to MLB (though, I could be wrong about this.).
    • I always liked Vavra. Them moving LF fence back hurt his defensive value. He’s a great piece to have in the organization in case of injury. His arm was never great prior to injury. I would have much rather him hit in Hays spot last night with bases loaded.
    • Right, thanks for making my point.   Can't tell the whole story without all the stats.  
    • I do want to see the wrongs of the past rectified. I don't believe that this is actually rectifying anything. At best, this is just making just our forever incomplete history a little more complete. That is a logical goal. You know that stats get corrected like all the effing time? Box scores get corrected, etc etc. And not just recent games, going back as far as can be proven. The statistical record is living and breathing thing that is constantly changing. It is, by virtue of how it was recorded for so very long, and by it's very nature, incomplete. If they find more stats that says that Ty Cobb is the batting average leader, then it reverts back to him. It's simple, and dare I say, logical.
    • Mr. Billy Cook made a couple great plays yesterday for the Tide.  Both times with Bases Loaded a ball was hit down the RF line and Cook snags the grounders behind 1B, steps on 1B moving toward home and makes perfect throws to Hunt for the tag play at home.  I thought both were well fielded and well thrown.  Kept the game a lot closer than it should have been otherwise. After his 0-5 game (with 5K) 'Platinum Sombrero'? on 5/26 he was able to forget that quickly.  The last 2 games he has gone hitless in back to back games.  This is the only other time besides earlier in May when he went 0-10 in 3 straight games.  Otherwise, he hits and gets on.  As said above... solid defense flexibility and bat to ball contact.... he may get that cup of coffee before he is done.  And if he gets a cup... he may get some more.  He reminds me of Andrew Vaughn with the White Sox but with not as much power.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now