LeBlanc to be DFA’ed, Lowther up

Legend_Of_Joey

1 hour ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Not a fan of sticking him in the bullpen. Would rather see him in the rotation

I kind of feel the same way but just get him up and let’s see what he can do. Maybe he forces his way into the rotation.

Akin maybe gets this call if not for the kitchen accident.  

Hopefully this is the beginning of getting rid of the re-treads.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Yes because lord knows, we have to keep Lopez and his 8 ERA on the roster, especially since he is following his stellar 6+ ERA in 2020.  #suchatalent

I’m not really going to argue about what the O’s should do.    I’m just saying it won’t surprise me if Lowther goes down when Kremer comes up.   

I do think Lowther will spend some time in the big league rotation this year.   Couldn’t tell you if that happens in May, September or somewhere in between.   

Before covid and nothing else to pay mind to drove home the lesson that draftee bonus money is everything, I might have said 2nd round picks are actually quite close to the top of the talent pyramid, and here's a 2nd rounder who had a fine MLB career.

Now I just click and see his 780K bonus was 2nd lowest of the 2nd round, and more like high 3rd round money as I guess we went a little over slot for DL Hall up top.   3rd round is still pretty good.

First debut from the 2017 draft class: DL Hall, Adam Hall, Lowther, Baumann were first four then.

The rest kind of helps one see the argument for minor league contraction, and/or not great development results.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/?team_ID=BAL&year_ID=2017&draft_type=junreg&query_type=franch_year

Can't wait to see him pitch!

They are not going to just toss these young guys in the rotation and see what happens.  People need to realize with a lack of season last year they are going to play musical chairs all season with pitchers going from alternate site, to bullpen, to rotation, to minors, to do for rest.  I expect most will be held to 100 innings or so of major league pitching and 140 mlb and minor league total max.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

They are not going to just toss these young guys in the rotation and see what happens.  People need to realize with a lack of season last year they are going to play musical chairs all season with pitchers going from alternate site, to bullpen, to rotation, to minors, to do for rest.  I expect most will be held to 100 innings or so of major league pitching and 140 mlb and minor league total max.  

ALL the more reason I wish we could hang on to LeBlanc as well. Need pitching pitching pitching.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I know nobody else gives a ... hoot. Are we going to keep Leblanc? Nobody is going to pick him up on waivers, right?

I doubt it.   But honestly I’m about done with him.    He has no stuff and his command isn’t that good anymore.    He’s OK to burn some innings in a hopeless game.   That’s about all.   

• Upvote 1