Sceroler? Coming back when?

HowAboutThat

Haven’t heard a lick about the man since he vanished onto the IL.

When’s he coming back, and when he does, what chance he’ll get an opportunity to start?

Why hasn't Wells had a chance to start? Is that not an option of are they waiting till more pieces fail first?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I believe he can rehab in the minors for as long as 30 days. My guess is that is used as long as needed, so likely no time soon.

They are probably stashing him so they don't have to return him.

So the exact opposite of a rush.

8 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I believe he can rehab in the minors for as long as 30 days. My guess is that is used as long as needed, so likely no time soon.

He can stay on the IL as long as it takes for him to be 100% healthy, then after that he can go on a 30 day rehab.  He has not started the rehab yet.

It would not surprise me if he's kept down and rehabbed as long as possible and then Wells will come up with something and the same thing will happen while Sceroler will return.

My guess is the plan is to work them onto the 26-man roster for the minimal time they need to keep them and using minor league rehab as a way to get them some innings. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It would not surprise me if he's kept down and rehabbed as long as possible and then Wells will come up with something and the same thing will happen while Sceroler will return.

My guess is the plan is to work them onto the 26-man roster for the minimal time they need to keep them and using minor league rehab as a way to get them some innings. 

You were enthusiastic about both of them during spring training, do you still think that each is a possible starter? And not just an eater of innings, but genuinely productive?

Also, does he get major league pay while being on the injured list? I don’t remember

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, UMDTerrapins said:

I think we’ve sufficiently destroyed this poor kid’s confidence. Can we please send him back now?

I love it when I don’t watch a game but can tell what happened from a remark like this and the Lopez thread someone started. 

Yeah, I’m not feeling it with Sceroler.   His first outing of the year was impressive, but since then he’s been hammered, including his two rehab games at Norfolk.   Good chance he’s pitching hurt, to be honest.   He needs to go back on the IL or be offered back to the Reds.