Promotions by June 1

Sports Guy

20 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Josh Rogers was promoted to “fan.”

I'm surprised to see no thread on this. There hasn't been much reasoning given for his release, other than a rough start to his minor league season, but the guy is coming off two arm surgeries. It seems a bit weird to release a once well thought of depth piece who is still young and under control. 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm surprised to see no thread on this. There hasn't been much reasoning given for his release, other than a rough start to the minor league season, but the guy is coming off arm surgery. It seems a bit weird to release a once well thought of depth piece who is still young and under control. 

No one else things it's a bit weird? 

I assumed he didn't have a fully successful return from surgery.  

35 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm surprised to see no thread on this. There hasn't been much reasoning given for his release, other than a rough start to his minor league season, but the guy is coming off two arm surgeries. It seems a bit weird to release a once well thought of depth piece who is still young and under control. 

He was always a fringe prospect at best I believe.  Of course, so was John Means.  Throw in 2 Tommy Johns and I guess the organization just felt it was time to move on.

Always feel bad to see guys released.  He got a cup of coffee with us at least.

8 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

He was always a fringe prospect at best I believe.  Of course, so was John Means.  Throw in 2 Tommy Johns and I guess the organization just felt it was time to move on.

Always feel bad to see guys released.  He got a cup of coffee with us at least.

Ah well, one thing going against him is that we have a host of other similar (but healthier) left-handed arms - Akin, Lowther, Smith, Zimmermann, etc. 

2 hours ago, Aglets said:

He has only played in 8 games so far this year across 3 different levels?  Am i missing something?  I feel like something is off. 

He's got some talent, but... he hasn't done enough to be considered a legit prospect, so why not move him around to where he's needed, and who knows - maybe the light suddenly goes on.  Nothing else worked with him, so why not?