2022 early look top prospects

33 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

6 more OF.  Keep building depth.

OF Jud Fabian, OF Brock Jones, 3B Cayden Wallace, OF Jared Beck and OF Sterling Thompson, are all NCAA bats that could be targeted with our Comp Pick A, and 2nd rd pick. Two of those, combined with Druw Jones, would be a huge get for our system. 

Live Looks: Cape Cod League featuring Cam Collier — Prospects Live

Cam Collier, 3B, Chipola, Cotuit Keetlers 

Game Lines (6/13 and 6/14): 2 hits in 5 ABs, 3 walks, 2 strikeouts 

At 17, Cam Collier checks in as one of the youngest players in the Cape’s history; however, with an approach at the plate well beyond his years, he leaves no question that he belongs. While at the plate, Collier’s patience has been on display, constantly working deep counts and rarely chasing. When he swings, he features an incredibly quiet and smooth swing that’s quick to the ball. Collier generates power from his strong lower half and has easy pop to left-center, where he hit a double two weeks ago in a scrimmage against the Lexington Blue Sox. In the batter’s box, the projected top 10 pick offers a well-rounded approach, making him an extremely tough out for pitchers.

In the field, he projects to stick at third base. His strong arm and soft hands make him a plus defender at the position. On the bases, Collier has shown improvements in his speed and has adopted an aggressiveness on the basepaths, getting good jumps on his attempts to steal. Though he has looked better as a runner, there is no doubt that his bat and his defense will carry him and are what has caused him to skyrocket up draft boards.

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I could easily see him being the pick.

Interestingly enough, he's about the only name that hasn't been linked to the Orioles.

1. Jones

2. Holliday

3. Johnson

4. Lee

5. Berry

6. Green

I've seen mocks with these names to the Orioles (actually not Johnson) or articles guessing them being on the Orioles short list.   I have not seen anyone mention Collier but that doesn't mean a whole lot.   I could see him as the pick too but I could see just about anyone being the pick.   I have not seen anyone mock Green to the Orioles but he has been mentioned as being on their short list.

Elias mentioned the other day that a pitcher at #33 was a distinct possibility.   If it's a HS pitcher it might require a significant overslot.

42 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Interestingly enough, he's about the only name that hasn't been linked to the Orioles.

1. Jones

2. Holliday

3. Johnson

4. Lee

5. Berry

6. Green

I've seen mocks with these names to the Orioles (actually not Johnson) or articles guessing them being on the Orioles short list.   I have not seen anyone mention Collier but that doesn't mean a whole lot.   I could see him as the pick too but I could see just about anyone being the pick.   I have not seen anyone mock Green to the Orioles but he has been mentioned as being on their short list.

Elias mentioned the other day that a pitcher at #33 was a distinct possibility.   If it's a HS pitcher it might require a significant overslot.

Yea I agree.  I do find it interesting which maybe means he’s the most likely pick.  

He just fits a mold of something Elias has taken before.  Doesn’t mean anything more than that of course but I think it’s fair to speculate. 

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I agree.  I do find it interesting which maybe means he’s the most likely pick.  

He just fits a mold of something Elias has taken before.  Doesn’t mean anything more than that of course but I think it’s fair to speculate. 

Concur. I think he's my preference, too.

This would make me nervous about Termarr Johnson.  He's playing in a summer wood bat league in Atlanta against older competition.  8 games playing SS.  .188 AVG.  1 extra base hit, 5 walks, 12 strikeouts.  2 SB, 2 CS.  5 errors.  

In addition, I watched the video of him in the perfect game showcase where Brock Porter was able to throw the fastball by him and he looked weak against a LHP later in the game.  Beautiful swing but I'm skeptical of the 70 grade for hitting. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

This would make me nervous about Termarr Johnson.  He's playing in a summer wood bat league in Atlanta against older competition.  8 games playing SS.  .188 AVG.  1 extra base hit, 5 walks, 12 strikeouts.  2 SB, 2 CS.  5 errors.  

In addition, I watched the video of him in the perfect game showcase where Brock Porter was able to throw the fastball by him and he looked weak against a LHP later in the game.  Beautiful swing but I'm skeptical of the 70 grade for hitting. 

I'm sure Elias and his staff are aware of those numbers, and taking all that into account. 

One reason I like Collier is that he's super young and pushing himself against older competition. He's been really coming on strong over the past 6 months or so, which I think bodes well for his ceiling given his age. 

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

And here’s the reason you don’t make final judgments on these guys until the last possible time.   What’s he got, 32 at bats?   12 K’s is a lot!

FWIW, Cam Collier is 4 for 14 with 6 walks and 5 strikeouts.  All 4 hits are singles.    On the bright side, this is a 17 year old playing against 19-20 year olds (mostly and that's a guess) and holding his own.   On the negative side, no power shown so far.

http://pointstreak.com/baseball/team_stats.html?teamid=3436&seasonid=33239

Termarr Johnson had a big game the other night with a 3-4 with a double and 2 stolen bases to make his overall numbers look a little better.  He now has 1 double and 1 triple.   4 stolen bases.  2 CS.

http://sunbelt2013.wttbaseball.pointstreak.com/team_stats.html?teamid=158081&seasonid=33283