O's @ Gnats 5-22

scOtt

Due to short bench, Hyde had to have Zimmerman bat in the half inning prior to when he was going to remove him?    SMH.    Has to save Sisco and Wilkerson in case of injuries or later moves.    Needs Hays for OF if he's in the lead.  Stewart the only option.   If he burns Stewart with no one on vs. LHP he can't PH him for Valaika late in the game. 

Edited by Dreadnought

6 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

Due to short bench, Hyde had to have Zimmerman bat in the half inning prior to when he was going to remove him?    SMH.    Has to save Sisco and Wilkerson in case of injuries or later moves.    Needs Hays for OF if he's in the lead.  Stewart the only option.   If he burns Stewart with no one on vs. LHP he can't PH him for Valaika late in the game. 

Yep I hate these short benches

8 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

These are not valid excuses in my opinion.  You need to pinch hit for him in that spot, period.  You have four bench players--use them.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Three Run Homer said:

These are not valid excuses in my opinion.  You need to pinch hit for him in that spot, period.  You have four bench players--use them.  

Ok so he uses a pinch hitter with one out and no one on.  Maybe that improves our chance of scoring one run last inning by 20% or so.  At the expense of using one of the last 4 guys one our bench, really 3 not counting the backup C.

If Valaika had gotten on to star the inninf that at bat would have had a bit more leverage, maybe I do it's. But when you only have 2 or 3 bullets to fire, using one with none one and 1 out on the 4th isnt worth it imo.