Good Golly this team is painful to watch right now...

DocJJ

Don't get me wrong.... I knew we were headed for another last place finish and top 3 Draft pick next year....

But good lord....the pitching sucks...the hitting sucks....we show no signs of any kind of meaningful improvement.   Mountcastle has regressed.  Franco is awful.  The pitching, aside from Means is embarrassing...

13 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

According to tankathon we have the 2nd toughest remaining schedule left with a .521 win percentage remaining. Arizona is the toughest with .529 remaining, so I like our chances to finish in the bottom 3. 

So Elias can take the 10th/15th best player? Thrilling.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Then don't watch them.  Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc.

Fans keep reinforcing to the owners the owners can make money without providing a meaningful product.

And the fan base continues to buy into the idea that you need 5 years to rebuild.  It’s all bs but yet people do it anyway.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And the fan base continues to buy into the idea that you need 5 years to rebuild.  It’s all bs but yet people do it anyway.

It has been thrown around here ad infinitum here, but it's worth noting that the O's aren't bad in 2021 because of decisions made in 2021.  They are bad because of decisions in 2017.  Unless Elias was in possession of a time machine when he got here, this was always going to be a long, painful process.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

It has been thrown around here ad infinitum here, but it's worth noting that the O's aren't bad in 2021 because of decisions made in 2021.  They are bad because of decisions in 2017.  Unless Elias was in possession of a time machine when he got here, this was always going to be a long, painful process.

Some truth to this..some bs as well.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

They don't have to be this bad.  It was a choice to completely forgo attempting to be competitive this season.

What would you have them do to improve that wouldn't take opportunity from future seasons?

You're not wrong, but it isn't a particularly strong argument.

Yeah, they could bring up Adley tomorrow, and improve the team.  Is it worth it?

They could trade prospects for improvement in the infield.  Is it worth it?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

What would you have them do to improve that wouldn't take opportunity from future seasons?

You're not wrong, but it isn't a particularly strong argument.

Yeah, they could bring up Adley tomorrow, and improve the team.  Is it worth it?

They could trade prospects for improvement in the infield.  Is it worth it?

Would they be better with Adley right now?  Yes defensively but he isn't setting the world on fire with the bat yet.  If he is hitting 340 and is pushing himself for a promotion then you can make that argument.  It makes no sense for him to be called up and have his major league clock start on a team he isn't going to help even if he was knocking the cover off the ball in the minors.  I get tired of watching them be non competitive but what did everyone expect this year?  What minor league player has performed that well that they are screaming to come up to the majors?  When Mountcastle started hitting well they brought him up.  I will be happy if Mountcastle and Hayes have good seasons.  I know it has been mixed so far but there is a lot of games yet to play.   I am hoping for Baumann to show something this year in the majors and maybe DL Hall late in the season.  That I would consider a success. 

8 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Would they be better with Adley right now?  Yes defensively but he isn't setting the world on fire with the bat yet.  If he is hitting 340 and is pushing himself for a promotion then you can make that argument.  It makes no sense for him to be called up and have his major league clock start on a team he isn't going to help even if he was knocking the cover off the ball in the minors.  I get tired of watching them be non competitive but what did everyone expect this year?  What minor league player has performed that well that they are screaming to come up to the majors?  When Mountcastle started hitting well they brought him up.  I will be happy if Mountcastle and Hayes have good seasons.  I know it has been mixed so far but there is a lot of games yet to play.   I am hoping for Baumann to show something this year in the majors and maybe DL Hall late in the season.  That I would consider a success. 

I agree with most of this.

I'm not advocating calling up Adley for the reasons you listed.

But I do believe he would improve this team tangibly.