Lopez ERA by month

interloper

I have a lot of confidence that Lopez can be a MR, low leverage type guy. 

I have some belief that he could be a high leverage BP arm.  I would like to see the Os try him out in those types of situations this year, so that we know if he is a legit piece heading into next year (or at least gives us an idea that he could be).

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Agreed. In the meantime, Wilkerson down/Jones up. Sceroler DFA (returned) and (insert name) up. 

I really think we will see Jones up this weekend.

As for Sceroler, the way he's being used he isn't hurting us much.   If their expert evaluation is that he has enough talent to justify keeping him in the system, then keeping him on the roster and using him like they did today is fine with me.   I certainly haven't been impressed but I'm not a major league scout.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I really think we will see Jones up this weekend.

As for Sceroler, the way he's being used he isn't hurting us much.   If their expert evaluation is that he has enough talent to justify keeping him in the system, then keeping him on the roster and using him like they did today is fine with me.   I certainly haven't been impressed but I'm not a major league scout.

If their experts say he is worth keeping than I question their experts.  He hasn’t ever really been good and still isn’t.

17 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

If their experts say he is worth keeping than I question their experts.  He hasn’t ever really been good and still isn’t.

You said the same thing about Wells. Do you still think Wells was a terrible Rule 5 selection and should be returned?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

You said the same thing about Wells. Do you still think Wells was a terrible Rule 5 selection and should be returned?

I didn’t say the same thing about Wells.  I said there was at least reason to think he could be good and to give him a chance.  

What I didn't love was him over Pop, although that really wasn't the decision.  It was the thought process of saying lets not protect Pop and then turn around and draft 2 older relievers.   Wells may end up being better than Pop and we certainly should have both of them but I didn't love the process in which they did it and I still don't.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, interloper said:

As soon as Means is back I'm moving Lopez to the bullpen, DFAing Harvey, and bringing up Bradish. 

I don't know that Lopez is worth keeping in the bullpen. I have a hard time believing that Bradish would be next man up but you never know. Seems like we still ought to be giving Lowther and Kremer some opportunities.