Friday June 18th Orioles host the Blue Jays; can Eshelman stop the bleeding?

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 minute ago, Beysbol said:

I mean, Mullins has to make the All-Star team without the fans voting just for popularity? Doesn't MLB put these guys who don't get the votes in anyway?

It depends on roster composition.  Some slots are voted by the fans, some by players and the manager picks some. 

Mullins would be a pretty massive snub and I'd be very surprised if it happened.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It depends on roster composition.  Some slots are voted by the fans, some by players and the manager picks some. 

Mullins would be a pretty massive snub and I'd be very surprised if it happened.

Starters are winners of the vote aka popularity contest.  Reserves are chosen by the players voting and final reserves by AL All-Star manager.  At least that's how it was chosen in 2019.  Not sure if they have changed it. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh, ok. Thank you very much for explaining that to me. I'm under the notion that Mullins is definitely in. He has totally out performed any CF this year. Hitting AND fielding. 

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Starters are winners of the vote aka popularity contest.  Reserves are chosen by the players voting and final reserves by AL All-Star manager.  At least that's how it was chosen in 2019.  Not sure if they have changed it. 

Fans also get the vote for the final player unless they have changed something.  Each team gets a representative which can hamstring the manager's choices.

Just now, scOtt said:

Question for anyone here. Usually if Rule 5 can complete his 90(?) days, they send him down after that. They're not going to send Wells down, are they?

I don't think it works that way.

I think if you are healthy all year you have to stay on the 25 man all year.  The minimum only applies to guys that spent time on the IL, if they don't meet that limit they have to be on the roster the following season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think if you are healthy all year you have to stay on the 25 man all year.  The minimum only applies to guys that spent time on the IL, if they don't meet that limit they have to be on the roster the following season.

Correct

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Ok, thanks. Not that it matters. ? He's one of the better arms in the pen.