Troubling Trevor Bauer assault allegations

jabba72

I have watched some of Bauer’s videos and found them informative, in terms of how detailed the measurements are and what data is collected as far as physical performance and response, drills, and conditioning.

But I just find this repulsive. Even if she did meet him a second time, it doesn’t absolve him of guilt. If I met someone who liked to to be smashed over the head with an acoustic guitar, El Kabong-style, it doesn’t mean I should do it (let alone to then hit them over the head with a B.C. Rich Warlock once they’re unconscious). 

On 7/2/2021 at 1:32 PM, Moose Milligan said:

I'm betting that he and the woman reach a settlement for an undisclosed amount and that he keeps playing.

We see this all the time in sports, a ballplayer gets busted for terrible behavior.  At the end of the day, the talent wins.  Talent always wins.  If this were Keegan Akin...okay, he's probably lost his job.  But Bauer is one of the top 10 pitchers in the game...even if the Dodgers released him, someone else would still pick him up after the cliche of having gone to counseling, treatment, etc, whatever.  

Professional sports leagues have shown time and time again that sexual assault gets a slap on the wrist when it comes to their athletes.  

Ray Rice disagrees. 

Those two got married after the fact.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Ray Rice disagrees. 

Those two got married after the fact.

Ray Rice only didn't get back in the league because video of that got released to the public.  IIRC there was a video of him dragging her out of the elevator and there was some news coverage about it.  But it didn't really blow up and become the ****storm that it was until the whole video that showed the punch was released.  There was no coming back from that.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ray Rice only didn't get back in the league because video of that got released to the public.  IIRC there was a video of him dragging her out of the elevator and there was some news coverage about it.  But it didn't really blow up and become the ****storm that it was until the whole video that showed the punch was released.  There was no coming back from that.

Yeah I know. I'm just saying... they can't just do WHATEVER they want and skate. Sometimes there's video!!!

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2021 at 7:23 AM, Can_of_corn said:

I can't believe I even have to say this.

You can not consent when unconscious.

The consent came before the encounter started. Clearly in the texts, she wanted to be choked, hit in the face and made to feel pain. She wanted it rough. The consent is there. When you're dealing with this kind of rough trade, things can go too far easily. Look at how many people die of accidental asphyxiation during sex with these kinds of things in play. You're asking to be hurt and in fact become aroused by it and ask for more and more. I just don't find any fault with Bauer here. It's easy to get carried away in the moment. It's different if he just does this, but she already consented to it.

I don't know this from personal experience, but I've known a few people and heard enough anecdotally to know how easily this kind of sex can go bad through no fault of anyone involved. I don't know, I expect charges to be dropped and nothing to come of this. When you ask to be hit in the face, choked and be made to feel pain in the throws of passionate sex, you're rolling the dice. People die from this all the time.

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

The consent came before the encounter started. Clearly in the texts, she wanted to be choked, hit in the face and made to feel pain. She wanted it rough. The consent is there. When you're dealing with this kind of rough trade, things can go too far easily. Look at how many people die of accidental asphyxiation during sex with these kinds of things in play. You're asking to be hurt and in fact become aroused by it and ask for more and more. I just don't find any fault with Bauer here. It's easy to get carried away in the moment. It's different if he just does this, but she already consented to it.

I don't know this from personal experience, but I've known a few people and heard enough anecdotally to know how easily this kind of sex can go bad through no fault of anyone involved. I don't know, I expect charges to be dropped and nothing to come of this. When you ask to be hit in the face, choked and be made to feel pain in the throws of passionate sex, you're rolling the dice. People die from this all the time.

I can't believe I have to say this.

Once you are unconscious you are no longer consenting.

Your prior consent is irrelevant.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I can't believe I have to say this.

Once you are unconscious you are no longer consenting.

Your prior consent is irrelevant.

People who ask to be choked want to be choked past that point. This is all about playing on the edge. Loss of consciousness is part of it because they want it to continue to that point. It's not irrelevant, it's part of the whole fetish.

3 hours ago, Sessh said:

People who ask to be choked want to be choked past that point. This is all about playing on the edge. Loss of consciousness is part of it because they want it to continue to that point. It's not irrelevant, it's part of the whole fetish.

Wow. Dude. Listen to yourself. He fucked her up. That's the end of it. Anyone who gets their jollies off of beating the #@$% out of a woman has something wrong with them. End of story.

14 hours ago, Sessh said:

So everyone who wants to be choked wants to be choked to the point of unconsciousness, 100% of the time?  

And 100% of those people who want to be choked to unconsciousness and get there are allowing their partner to keep going and do things to them while passed out?  100% of the people out there with this fetish, that's what they're after?  

• 2 weeks later...