Troubling Trevor Bauer assault allegations

jabba72

57 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm guessing she didn't want to be sodomized when unconscious and suffer a skull fracture.

Sure..like I said, he took things too far.

But it also sounds like she was consenting to a lot of rough stuff.  Doesn’t justify him crossing the line of course.

Just now, backwardsk said:

But it’s not out of Roberts’ hands.  He can still make the choice not to start him.  And he should, imo.  Pretty pedestrian move by Roberts.

Yep.  It’s a bad look.  You could easily just skip his start or something like that.  

7 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

But it’s not out of Roberts’ hands.  He can still make the choice not to start him.  And he should, imo.  Pretty pedestrian move by Roberts.

If the league is telling him to start Bauer he needs to start Bauer.

It's on the league to change its directive.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

If the league is telling him to start Bauer he needs to start Bauer.

It's on the league to change its directive.

The league can’t dictate to the manager who to start.  

The league is saying you can start Bauer, not that you have to.

4 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

The league gets to dictate who manager plays?  

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The league can’t dictate to the manager who to start.  

The league is saying you can start Bauer, not that you have to.

This is what I'm seeing.

Edited by Can_of_corn
Decided to tone it back.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Yea, I don’t buy that. 

By that I mean, they may say that but I don’t believe that he can’t say no.  

I'm sure that he could send out another pitcher to start the game (and I'm sure he'll have one ready to go) but this is on the league.  They gave clear guidance on the issue.  This issue is bigger than Dave Roberts.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This is what I'm seeing.

One can interpret that as the league is mandating that they start him.  Or that the Dodgers went to the league and asked “what do we do here.”  And the league said you can start him while we investigate.  The latter is more realistic to me.  Doesn’t prevent Roberts from being able to say, you know, these allegations are horrific.  Perhaps I have Bauer sit out a start or two while we get more information.  

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure that he could send out another pitcher to start the game (and I'm sure he'll have one ready to go) but this is on the league.  They gave clear guidance on the issue.  This issue is bigger than Dave Roberts.

The league is in the wrong, too.  I definitely agree with that.  But I still believe that Roberts is being weak here (and I generally like Roberts).  Bauer is the one with the most blame for putting everyone in this situation. 

Just now, backwardsk said:

The league is in the wrong, too.  I definitely agree with that.  But I still believe that Roberts is being weak here (and I generally like Roberts).  Bauer is the one with the most blame for putting everyone in this situation. 

Sure.

Honestly I want to see him make the start.  I think he deserves to be on the mound in front of the fans.  Heck I'd buy a ticket to go and boo him.