Troubling Trevor Bauer assault allegations

jabba72

I kinda agree with Rosenthal on this. With charges like this, he should be placed on some kind of administrative leave where he gets paid similar to how Police officers are treated after a shooting incident. 

Let the investigation play out and then the league can make a final call. It probably does no one any good to let him pitch while this hangs over his head. 

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

This is a really bad look for Bauer and its now blowing up to the point he may never pitch again. He's due $62M over the next two seasons which the Dodgers might be able to get out of paying him. 

I'm betting that he and the woman reach a settlement for an undisclosed amount and that he keeps playing.

We see this all the time in sports, a ballplayer gets busted for terrible behavior.  At the end of the day, the talent wins.  Talent always wins.  If this were Keegan Akin...okay, he's probably lost his job.  But Bauer is one of the top 10 pitchers in the game...even if the Dodgers released him, someone else would still pick him up after the cliche of having gone to counseling, treatment, etc, whatever.  

Professional sports leagues have shown time and time again that sexual assault gets a slap on the wrist when it comes to their athletes.  

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm betting that he and the woman reach a settlement for an undisclosed amount and that he keeps playing.

We see this all the time in sports, a ballplayer gets busted for terrible behavior.  At the end of the day, the talent wins.  Talent always wins.  If this were Keegan Akin...okay, he's probably lost his job.  But Bauer is one of the top 10 pitchers in the game...even if the Dodgers released him, someone else would still pick him up after the cliche of having gone to counseling, treatment, etc, whatever.  

Professional sports leagues have shown time and time again that sexual assault gets a slap on the wrist when it comes to their athletes.  

Maybe, maybe not. The accusations made against Bauer are pretty extreme. Its possible this goes away with a payout but its going to be ugly.  

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think if a payout was in order it would have happened before she went public.

Maybe Bauer realizes shes playing hardball now and will change his mind. Or maybe she isnt after money at all? Who knows. 

6 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

So he choked unconscious with her hair and hit her in the face so she decided to meet him a second time?  That just seems very odd to me.  

I also find it odd.

I also find it odd that people try heroin with the abundance of information out there showing how dangerous it is.

I also find mumble rap odd.  It's a spoken word tradition, enunciate. 

On 7/2/2021 at 9:28 AM, backwardsk said:

But it’s not out of Roberts’ hands.  He can still make the choice not to start him.  And he should, imo.  Pretty pedestrian move by Roberts.

If Bauer is guilty of what he’s accused of, he should be punished severely, and not just by MLB.   But I don’t see why the team shouidn’t start him while the matter is under investigation.   It’s not baseball-related, and at this point it’s just an accusation.   I’m sure the fans at the game will voice their opinions, however.