No more masks!

Sports Guy

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Hopefully the bag policy gets updated next…

I just want the gates to all open at 6 pm.  It’s insane how long the lines are getting, and they will only be worse when we have the bobbleheads and the Hawaiian shirt giveaways.  I’d much rather get back in for BP and have backpacks again, but I can at least understand the “reasoning” for some of those.  What I don’t get is why the other gates are not open.  

• Upvote 1

I went to the ballpark the other week. Masks were not enforced at all. I had mine on when I entered, but when I realized that no staff cared, I took it off.  

I was glad to be back at the yard without wearing it. I've had to wear one for 50 hours a week, every week since the pandemic began. Being able to go to a ballgame, enjoy the evening, and not have to mask-up was really wonderful.  

I couldn't be more grateful to the scientists and professionals who worked tirelessly getting these vaccines produced. The results are there in the metrics, and it feels great to be mostly back to normal activities like ballgames after an awful year prior. 

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to next Saturday.   I got some seats in Section 8 -- where Hangout Nights used to be-- and it's Hawaiian Shirt Day.  Great seats and I love 4:05 Saturday's.   You can go downtown to do something before the game, and you aren't out late either.   My friends and I will probably hit a brewery, maybe Mobtown or Monument, before the game.   White Sox are a good team to watch.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I am glad the mandate has been lifted and I pray nothing happens that causes it to be reissued.  I see that Los Angeles County has changed its recommendations and has revived its suggestion that people should wear masks indoors, even if vaccinated, because they’ve had a number of recent cases where fully vaccinated people were infected by the Delta variant.    I hope that doesn’t start happening here with any frequency.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/06/30/los-angeles-indoor-masks-vaccinated/%3foutputType=amp

Maryland has done a fantastic job getting people vaccinated and our COVID numbers are amazingly good right now.   Hoping it stays that way.  

Please do not politicize this topic. Discussing the "delta variant" and discussing city policies outside of Baltimore will certainly politicize this topic. 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Please do not politicize this topic. Discussing the "delta variant" and discussing city policies outside of Baltimore will certainly politicize this topic. 

My apologies.  I did not mean to do that. Like I said, I’m very happy that there is no need to wear a mask right now if you’re vaccinated.  

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Xander21 said:

I seriously NEVER post here but this is absolutely ridiculous Tony.

Sports Guy even starting this thread was political lighter fluid and if it wasn't obvious what side of the aisle you sit on, one would think you'd have deleted it straight away. But noooooo... you wait to chime in ONLY when someone offends your Newsmax sensibilities to chastise someone "making it political".

LOL you're a joke. Your air quotes around "delta variant" are so damn political it's not even funny. 

And the fact that you'd go at Frobby, pretty much the best person on this site... for what was a completely level headed, pragmatic comment... pretty sad man. Really sad. 

You truly wanna make this place apolitical? Then look in the mirror and make the decision to start at the top. 

I agree it's a minefield, almost impossible to avoid when the entire situation is politicized, and MLB is squarely on one side, in your face with their allegiance. So it's a thankless job for Weams or Tony or anyone to moderate. Virtually every comment referring to COVID, masks, or vaccines will be controversial, even though they have been embedded in the baseball environment. So we all just need to be aware to keep on topic of "baseball" as much as we can, and keep our disagreements there.

• Upvote 1

Calling a policy moronic is political?  I don’t see how thats the case.  

Asking people to wear a mask OUTSIDE in the summer is just dumb imo.  That has nothing to do with politics.  When you go to sporting events and it’s very hot out, it’s not abnormal to see people suffer from heat exhaustion, especially when they are drinking alcohol.  To then ask people, on top of dealing with the heat, to sit there and wear a mask is over the top.

There is a lot more I could say to make this political but all I said is the policy was moronic and it is/was.  Hell, I don’t even consider what Frobby said to be political.  Then again, maybe my definition of that is different than others.  I certainly didn’t mean my comment to be a political one.  I posted for years at another site that has been completely ruined by social/political nonsense and I certainly don’t want to see this site go that way.  Just merely stating that I think it was dumb to ask people to do that.  Just as I think it’s dumb to tell people they can’t bring food in.  That has nothing to do with the virus.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I would like to know how Sports Guy, the biggest pos internet bully I have seen, is allowed to get away with blatant politics and insults yet Frobby is singled out? I can’t keep posting here with that ahole attacking everyone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

Take a deep breath. Relax.  This is a baseball forum.  We've been down this road before.  Tony has a tough job keeping the forum on track in the current world where we live.  Let's all put this in perspective.

When you or a loved one has a serious health issue, you have a crisis.  When you lose your job, you have a crisis.  When you don't like something on a message board, you still have the important things that make life good. 

Let's all just have fun and talk about baseball.  Enjoy your preferred beverage and count your blessings.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Literally I'm just banning people who have attacked me or even liked the posts that attacked me. I'm literally trying to keep this non political. I may actually be going over board to keep things away from being political on here but of course I get attacked by people who were just waiting to attack me. 

This is easy. No politics. Bash me, you're gone. Like a post that bashes me or the site, you're gone. 

Focus on baseball and the Orioles. Anyone that can't doesn't belong here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1