Will Jahmai Jones be called up?

wildcard

I am for Jones up;  Stewart optioned.  

Jones bats appears ready.  Mancini is slumping and could use some rest.  Maybe play him 4 times a week.  There are some at bats there for Jones.   Heat in the 90's,  Hays, Mullins and Santander could use an extra day off a week.   Jones can play left.      And Jones may not be the best at 2B but we could see how he does there.   

Some would say option Valaika but he is the back up SS and 3B. And probably a better 2B than Jones.

Sending Stewart down could help get his bat started.  I don't think a 682 OPS is what the O's  had in mind when they put him on the team.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I'll just let that one lay there.

Why on earth does a team that clearly doesn't care about winning care if they have a backup SS? If Urias gets injured just play Player X there for the rest of the game and then call up someone else. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Why on earth does a team that clearly doesn't care about winning care if they have a backup SS? If Urias gets injured just play Player X there for the rest of the game and then call up someone else. 

This is correct.  Leyba has played shortstop.  If he has to finish a game or give Urias a day off, it isn't the end of the world.

This infield shuffle is the NFL equivalent of a QB controversy. If you have 2 mediocre QB’s you have 2 mediocre QB’s.  

I’m fine with any of these guys getting a shot but if Jones was thought to have a major league infield glove he would have been up here already.