Ask me about a prospect. (Early July)

Tony-OH

I've tried to keep up with each thread when someone has asked about a prospect, but i thought I'd make a thread where you can ask about any player in the system and I'll give my current thoughts on him. Remember, if you are asking me on the Florida Development League guys I don't have much on them right now.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

Would love to hear about Kyle Stowers, who seems kind of fringey or on the McKenna track in terms of prospect status. He's someone we don't hear too much about. 

Stowers is an interesting player because he has some tools to work off of and he's starting to tap into his power a little bit more during game time. He seems to hold his own against lefties and he's shown some ability work counts. He runs well, and defensively, he's best suited for corner outfield and arm looks pretty solid. 

He's probably going to jump Diaz in the rankings here soon, especially since he has the skill of staying healthy. He's definitely a guy that has a chance to be an everyday outfielder in the big league still. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

If you had to choose one, who has the highest upside among the Bowie OF group of Neustrom, Turchin, Rizer and Stowers?       

Stowers has the best tools and has produced fairly well this year. He's got the most upside for me out of this group.

• Like 1

Thoughts on Ofelky Peralta.

Saw that you downgraded Johnny Rizer but I've been hopeful about him.

Zach Watson had a very productive college career but hasn't hit in 2 years. Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Stowers is an interesting player because he has some tools to work off of and he's starting to tap into his power a little bit more during game time. He seems to hold his own against lefties and he's shown some ability work counts. He runs well, and defensively, he's best suited for corner outfield and arm looks pretty solid. 

He's probably going to jump Diaz in the rankings here soon, especially since he has the skill of staying healthy. He's definitely a guy that has a chance to be an everyday outfielder in the big league still. 

Was wondering how long Diaz stays highly rated...not only doesn't stay healthy, he's never really been all that productive with us when he is healthy.

Tony, I am very grateful for this thread,But I think you have really opened yourself up to a whole lot of work. I don’t know who are the other minor league experts here, But I hope they will reach out to you and offered to help with this universe of information to sort through.

meanwhile, I’d like to ask about Watkins? It’s possible this is already been covered, but, I’d like to know whether he was in the top 30, and whether he is just a warm body here for a game or two, or has genuine potential?

Edited by Philip
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Philip said:

Tony, I am very grateful for this thread,But I think you have really opened yourself up to a whole lot of work. I don’t know who are the other minor league experts here, But I hope they will reach out to you and offered to help with this universe of information to sort through.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say Tony doesn't feel a need to hear from other posters on this board about minor leaguers in this system.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It's a foregone conclusion that they will blow a 4 game lead in the span of 6 games? 
    • 100%! I say abolish divisions, play a fully balanced schedule and take the top 4 or 6 or 8 or whatever teams in each league to the playoffs. 
    • The question was asked, a few months ago, whether winning the division was necessary. A lively debate resulted, some saying the division didn’t matter(“just make the playoffs and anything can happen”) and some taking the opposite view. I wanted the Division and I’m disgusted the play has been so bad. And I haaaate the Yankees( sports hate. I’m sure they are all great guys in person.) It will not magically improve, and I despair of winning more than two more games…not even 90 wins. And in a Homer–prone park, how many homers will the Os give up? The thought is not comforting. And there’s little reason to think things will improve against the Tigers or Royals. But at least: 1) next year they will hopefully have Bautista and the position players healthy. 2) The farm has very few MLB-ready players so there won’t be so much bouncing back and forth. Hopefully the guys can settle in and just play. 3) the Os will be looking for a fourth consecutive winning season, which hasn’t happened since the 70s So there’s that…
    • I was about to post a similar thread, but despite my memory issues, I recalled this thread.  I still find myself enjoying sports less and less.  The issue is not my teams, but myself.  It's a sad reality that I'm bothered when my team doesn't win, or does win, but wins in a way that is not how I wanted them to!  LOL!  It's ridiculous.  Frankly, I'm somewhat ashamed. The O's are very likely going to the playoffs.  But instead of being happy about that, I'm more concerned with how awful we've been and how little I expect from them as the post-season draws near.  A real fan loves his team and sticks with them, through thick and thin.  It's absolutely okay to be critical, even frustrated, at times, but when those are the default and dominant expressions, it makes me feel... less than.  It's like this with all my favorite teams (O's/Ravens/Terps).  It's therapeutic, in a way, to reveal such truths.  But the quest to find a way to enjoy sports again, to enjoy what my teams are doing, is a process that is taking longer than I'd hoped.  
    • I wouldn’t say I’m fired up.  I’d like to do enough to (1) win the season series (which only takes one win), (2) clinch a playoff spot (which probably only takes one win, depending what other teams do, and (3) improves our chances of getting the no. 4 seed (which might take a couple of wins, depending how other teams do).   
    • It feels like a foregone conclusion that the O’s sneak in with the third wild card spot and then lose the wild card series. So it just doesn’t really matter all that much what happens from here on out.    Then again, get hot at the right time and this could still be a World Series contender. I have to see some fire in this team before I entertain that thought though.
    • I am not really fired up per se.  I am just hoping that something happens that is different than what we have seen for months.  A late comeback to win the game.  A big inning of 4 runs or more.  Some big hits from Adley or Holliday.   1 win means we win the season series against everyone in the East for the second year in a row.  That would be great.  And even if we lose, I am hoping that watching the Yankees celebrate in front of them and the fans celebrate around them fires them up.   
  • Popular Contributors