Tuesday July 6: O's home from long road trip to face Jays with Spenser Watkins on the mound

SteveA

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Jeff pissed me off. JUST for the sake of pissing me off. He KNEW that would make me mad and he posted it anyways! It's not about the bottle, it's about a "friend" f-ing with you. For NO reason.

No, I posted it because I found it amusing.  Then you decided to take a bit of harmless fun personally.

5 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Jeff pissed me off. JUST for the sake of pissing me off. He KNEW that would make me mad and he posted it anyways! It's not about the bottle, it's about a "friend" f-ing with you. For NO reason.

That's what friends do, f with you for no reason.  It wasn't malicious.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

1-5 of Mullins, Hays, Mancini, Mountcastle and Santander isn't bad.  I would say when they're healthy, that's above average 1-5.  6-9 is putrid as always. 

1-5: 1 hit so far 

6-9: 4 hits including a HR

HEY!!! I was going to predict Sevvy homer b4 his first pitch but I got distracted with looking up the different pitches thrown by Matz to Mountcastle (all sinkers) and Santander (all slower breaking stuff). Pedro and me were synched up that at-bat!

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I think it’s fair to ask if he’s getting much to hit. With all the walks, it certainly seems like teams are staying away from him, even more so than Mayo. Would be nice to get some real reports about what is going on down there.
    • I take it more as this is the talk behind the scenes and she just didn’t read the room well enough to know she wasn’t supposed to say anything.
    • OK, as Holliday is now actually playing baseball games again, I feel like it's time to return to these updates.  He only played in 4 games this past week.   He went 3 for 12 (with 6 BB).    His line was .250/.500/.333. Since returning to AAA overall he is hitting .252/.425/.421  (.847).   48 BB to 50 K's. Elite plate discipline,  but would really love to see him driving the ball just a little bit more.
    • While I love OPS, it isn’t a great measurable for Bradfield, especially compared to some of our other guys. He will never have that awe inspiring OPS because he won’t carry the slugging, which is the part of the stat that makes the OPS jump. I would argue that if he has a .800 OPS in the bigs he’s a superstar. If he is at .750 he wi be a really productive player for us.
    • That was an absolute hail mary. I think they were hoping for some kind of Bradish recovery from PRP where it just buys him time and that they could use him in the playoffs. At the end of the day, they should have just had the surgery right away. I guess they assumed he would be out no matter what this season, but guys have recovered within 12 months before and had they done pretty much right away, he probably would have had a chance to pitch in the playoffs. Either way, I don't doubt Newman has heard something though. Just because she's not a good radio PBP person does not mean she's not a good reporter or knows her baseball.  I didn't hear what was said, but I doubt very much she was just making stuff up.  
    • Nothing in his statcast numbers or minor league numbers suggests he's a major league pitcher anymore. This is his stuff in his best start of the year on June 6th, when he allowed 1 ER over 7 innings. He has not been very good since. A 16% whiff rate against AAA guys and an 86% zcontact% suggests he's going to get hit hard at the major league level. Besides replacing the released Teheran, not sure what value he would have other than eating innings in Norfolk, and it sounds like he's done with the minor leagues or needs to be on the 40-man roster for some amount of days so he can reach some kind of MLB compensation package. I think he's a hard pass.
    • If we are solely looking at it as an upgrade over what we have, that’s fine. I’m not saying we don’t need that player. My issue is what do you give up for marginal guys just because they happen to be what’s available.
  • Popular Contributors