Orioles trade discussion thread

Sports Guy

Cubs got 2 prime prospects for Rizzo.  Alcantara the outfielder and Vizcaiano (sp) the pitcher.  #11 and #14 in their deep systems

Can't believe the Braves didn't make a better offer to texas than the Yankees.  Braves were leading until Yanks added more bodies

How do the Yankees have so many international prospects ? They are always one of the lesser international budget pools.

Still hoping someone overwhelms O's with offer for Fry.

16 minutes ago, waynebug said:

Cubs got 2 prime prospects for Rizzo.  Alcantara the outfielder and Vizcaiano (sp) the pitcher.  #11 and #14 in their deep systems

Can't believe the Braves didn't make a better offer to texas than the Yankees.  Braves were leading until Yanks added more bodies

How do the Yankees have so many international prospects ? They are always one of the lesser international budget pools.

I was actually pretty surprised by how good the Rizzo haul was. I didn't think they'd get a 50 fv prospect let alone a 50 and 45.

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Lux and May will be no the table I bet, if this is true.

John Heyman saying Keibert Ruiz, Josiah Gray and others.

Something isn't right with the Nats and Trae Turner. It's odd to me.

19 minutes ago, waynebug said:

Alcantara has a ton of potential.  Vizcaiano hasn't even come close to capitalizing on his talent.  He's getting shelled in high-A ball as a 24 year old.

Dodgers Turner would force one of the 2022 shortstops to another city, unless WAS dived into the bidding immediately.

I didn't know who the 2022 Dodgers shortstop would be before Lindor/Seager/Correa/Baez/Story started getting their teams, but I was certain the Dodgers would have one of them.   The 2022 Nationals might, but aren't the lock the Dodgers would have been.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The Dodgers aren't ****ing around.  Gallo and the artist formerly known as Rizzo is a nice haul but...damn, Scherzer, Duffy, Turner? 

Pretty impressive. Seager becomes a free agent they no longer need after this year and they still have a top shortstop.

17 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Dodgers Turner would force one of the 2022 shortstops to another city, unless WAS dived into the bidding immediately.

I didn't know who the 2022 Dodgers shortstop would be before Lindor/Seager/Correa/Baez/Story started getting their teams, but I was certain the Dodgers would have one of them.   The 2022 Nationals might, but aren't the lock the Dodgers would have been.

Seager could still sign to play third.