Mattingly tests positive.

bpilktree

I think it’s a safe assumption that we’re going to see more frequent positive tests thru the end of the season. MLB favored the J&J vaccine, which seems less effective at preventing transmission (but great at preventing serious symptoms). In hindsight J&J was a mistake for MLB. I assume it was a logistics and ease of administering just one shot decision. I wonder, if things keep getting worse, does MLB start restricting crows sizes again. 

5 hours ago, UMDTerrapins said:

I think it’s a safe assumption that we’re going to see more frequent positive tests thru the end of the season. MLB favored the J&J vaccine, which seems less effective at preventing transmission (but great at preventing serious symptoms). In hindsight J&J was a mistake for MLB. I assume it was a logistics and ease of administering just one shot decision. I wonder, if things keep getting worse, does MLB start restricting crows sizes again. 

They can't restrict crow sizes... it's not a domed stadium... those damn things will fly in regardless of the their size... I know serious subject and I apologize but I've had a couple of beverages while enjoying this sunday afternoon on my deck.  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, sevastras said:

Who cares? If you haven’t figured out this is all a bunch of garbage by now, you must still be watching CNN. 

What does that have to do with Mattingly, or baseball? Anyway, I hope for Don’s sake that it’s isolated and that he’s okay. He’s one of the (very) few Yankees that I always respected. 

20 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He started having some mild symptoms Friday so that would make it he either caught it while we were playing them or right after.  I wonder if we have any players or coaches forced in protocol for close contact.

Seemingly, Akin and Santander.

3 hours ago, sevastras said:

Mattingly testing positive for covid shouldn’t have anything to do with baseball 

*Looks around* So…Who wants to tell him?

3 hours ago, dedwretched said:

Except he's the manager for a MLB team. Sooo...

Ah! 

Plus, they just played the Orioles and two players went out for precautions. Completely seems MLB and Oriole worthy…