Wed August 4: Orioles/Yankees rubber match in the Bronx

SteveA

So while Ryan was hitting his home run we had Melanie Newman yakking about nothing in particular, so we missed arguably the signature moment in baseball, which is a home run. This talking over the game is just so stupid I cannot imagine if anybody would think it’s a good idea and that’s not a hyperbole, it really is stupid. Brown actually had to interrupt her. Sheesh.

fir ‘em all.

Edited by Philip
Typo
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I would like a Harvey no hitter.

Strike that-love. I would love a Harvey no hitter.

But I’ll settle for the scoreless streak in tact.

I'm less greedy: A Harvey W is good enough for me.

One more out and the ERA drops below 6.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

So while Ryan was hitting his home run we had Melanie Newman yakking about nothing in particular, so we missed arguably the signature moment in baseball, which is a home run. This talking over the game is just so stupid I cannot imagine if anybody would think it’s a good idea and that’s not a hyperbole, it really is stupid. Brown a really bad to interrupt her. Sheesh.

fir ‘em all.

Yeah, blathering on about how inspired RM was by Conor Macgregor and all but missed the HR. Big Ben has to rein it in by saying,”I guarantee you, he can’t do that!” meaning hit a HR.

The mindless drivel that passes for commentary is stunning.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

How poor had Harvey been pitching to have 22 straight scoreless innings and still have an ERA above 6?

Very poorly. There are very bad past Oriole teams that wouldn't have stuck with him that long. I remember Freddy Garcia, Russ Ortiz, etc.