Rylan Bannon 2021

Just Regular

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Baseball is a funny game.  Go figure.   From one extreme to the other.   The 3 strikeouts in 32 PA is weird.   Even during the hot streak he was striking out at a much higher rate.

It's amazing how often even experienced baseball fans forget about streakiness. Small sample sizes are not meaningful for a reason. It was true with Cowser in the FCL. It's true with Bannon and it was true with Xavier Avery back in the day. 

Bannon will have to produce over time to warrant more hype. He's had a few hot streaks over the years, so it's not like he doesn't have ability, but he hasn't put together a consistent-enough approach yet to be considered much more than an org guy (for me at least).

I do give him some chance to turn into a solid/average major leaguer, but it's not high.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• – The Blue Jays, whose season is already on the brink, plan to place starter Yusei Kikuchi, catcher Danny Jansen, reliever Yimi Garcia, DH Justin Turner and outfielder Kevin Kiermaier on the trade block. Yet, they still want to make one last run with Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Bo Bichette. They should be staying until at least this winter, if not next summer. – The White Sox have had several teams also contact them about center fielder Luis Robert Jr., but with his struggles, they are considering hanging onto him into at least the winter since he’s under control through 2027. – The Chicago White Sox quietly engaged in brief contract extension talks with ace Garrett Crochet, but with no optimism towards reaching an agreement, the White Sox intend to trade him by the July 30 trade deadline. The White Sox have had 15 teams calling to express interest in Crochet, who is making just $800,000 and is under team control through 2026. The X-factor for suitors will be determining just how much Crochet can help them in the pennant stretch and October. He has already pitched 94 ⅓ innings as a first-year starter, 21 more than his entire career total entering the season, and the White Sox and Crochet already have a firm plan in place to greatly limit his workload in the second half. It’s quite possible that a team acquiring Crochet may have to offer a contract extension for him to lift those innings restrictions in the second half because of the potential of an injury risk. – The Los Angeles Dodgers have already made an offer to the White Sox for Crochet, but it was quickly rejected. The White Sox have informed teams they are seeking young prospects with enormous upside. – The best reliever on the trade market will be Tanner Scott of the Marlins, with Mason Miller of the A’s expected to stay put. Nightengale
    • Who have we been able to help with their control tho? Cano is the only example I can think of. Hall? Not really, at least not enough to start. McDermott? Povich? Still walking too many guys. 
    • It's possible but considering he needed a follow-up procedure I think it unlikely.
    • I'm sure all the other teams would be willing to let us go first.   I'm not saying something needs to be done now, but waiting is not without risk.
    • This thread is about the trade deadline. I am assuming we would wait and see how Scherzer is doing over the next few weeks. Of course, if he starts to suck that would change my answer.
    • Well sometimes guys wake up with something. Mounty did bust it down to 1B trying to beat out a grounder yesterday. Who knows, maybe something got sore. Or maybe he woke up with vertigo.  It's fun to think it's a trade though. It's not likely but there's enough intrigue to make it a tiny possibility. 
    • He probably does and is just being dramatic 
  • Popular Contributors