Frederick's Pitching

orioole28

I hate to rehash this problem, but don't you think that they are mishandling Erbe. I seen this kid pitch and he has major league stuff and it's just baffles me to see him struggle this way. His confidence is way down and thats because(IMO) they work way to much on his weakness and didn't allow him to work with his strength when needed. The same goes for Hernandez who I have seen pitch and he too has major league stuff and it's frustrating to see the pitchers at Frederick struggle with the exception of Spoone. Now Spoone success is that he keeps the ball low and for Erbe and Hernandez they tend to be more flyball pitchers. Erbe's GA/AO is at 1.27(which is OK), but he has allowed 11 HR's, while Hernandez's GA/AO is terrible and it's at .70 and he has given up 13 HR's. So why not force them to work on keeping the ball low?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now Spoone success is that he keeps the ball low and for Erbe and Hernandez they tend to be more flyball pitchers. Erbe's GA/AO is at 1.27(which is OK), but he has allowed 11 HR's, while Hernandez's GA/AO is terrible and it's at .70 and he has given up 13 HR's. So why not force them to work on keeping the ball low?

How do you force pitchers to work on keeping the ball low? Spoone keeps the ball on the ground because he throws a sinker. It is what it is. Unless he develops a new pitch or something, Hernandez is goinng to be a fly ball pitcher, and an extreme at that most likely. That doesn't mean he can't succeed. Just look at Jered Weaver, Chuck James, Matt Cain, Boof Bonser.

Archived