Elias talks to the media 8-20-21

Mooreisbetter27

https://baltimorepositive.com/elias-discusses-orioles-embarrassing-losing-streak-injury-updates-long-term-picture/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

A few notes:

Kjerstad has started working out and should resume baseball activity soon.

Unsure if Zimmerman will play again this year but most likely will be end of year.

Seemed to indicate they have payroll flexibility to add legitimate players. Said we can’t field a starting rotation where highest paid pitcher is 1m (Harvey).

Knows the losing is frustrating. Frustrating for them too. Doesn’t take away from what they’re doing and progress they see.

Grayson and ADLEY look to be on the radar to play big parts with the team next year.

It’s about 25 min and I tried to listen to all but had a couple screaming kids so some was skimmed. It’s a good listen though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Here come the old men in the Muppets balcony...to grouse about how whatever they're doing is wrong, and how they're a disgrace... and how every prospect should have been up already... and how the owners are intentionally trying to build a long term losing franchise... and how .,. yadda yadda yadda

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, owknows said:

Here come the old men in the Muppets balcony...to grouse about how whatever they're doing is wrong, and how they're a disgrace... and how every prospect should have been up already... and how the owners are intentionally trying to build a long term losing franchise... and how .,. yadda yadda yadda

Yes…and?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pushmonkey said:

This was the best news out of it all. The rest we all kinda knew already

Did we?

Seems like they first time he has specifically stated that they will definitely spend more next year.  (The statement about how you can't have a rotation where the highest paid player makes a million)?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Did we?

Seems like they first time he has specifically stated that they will definitely spend more next year.  (The statement about how you can't have a rotation where the highest paid player makes a million)?

Does that mean Harvey gets a raise to 1.5M next year, or is Means arbitration eligible?

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Did we?

Exactly what I was thinking. And he specifically mentioned payroll flexibility as well.

5 hours ago, waroriole said:

Good news on Kjerstad. Hopefully he’ll be ready for spring training. 

As a longtime Orioles and Razorback fan I hope we will someday see Kjerstad on the ballfield in an Orioles jersey.  This kid can flat out hit a baseball.

Edited by rudyrooster
Punctuation
  • Upvote 3

I’ve mentioned it a number of times, but as frustrated as I am by the losing and lack of interesting pieces on the major league team, I’m more frustrated by the fact that the organization doesn’t seem to care about the fan experience.

The team has made coming to games less attractive than ever with prices, quality of product (off the field) and (in)convenience. Interested to read the results of the Baltimore Sun expo into the fan experience that they have been fishing for on social media, I imagine I’m not alone on this.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, survivedc said:

I’ve mentioned it a number of times, but as frustrated as I am by the losing and lack of interesting pieces on the major league team, I’m more frustrated by the fact that the organization doesn’t seem to care about the fan experience.

The team has made coming to games less attractive than ever with prices, quality of product (off the field) and (in)convenience. Interested to read the results of the Baltimore Sun expo into the fan experience that they have been fishing for on social media, I imagine I’m not alone on this.

Yep, agree 100%.  Concession quality and variety are at an all time low for OPACY.