The Marauding Delmarva Offense

Frobby

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I'm sure I will get accused of trolling or having a weird fascination with you but I'll take that chance.  You have stated facts. I am curious as to whether you are trying to make a point.  Is there one intended?

Nope.  I was just curious how the team was doing compared to the rest of their division and thought others might also be interested.

If I had something else to say I would have said it.

If anyone else had posted that information would you be questioning them?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Keep this in mind though.  We've had high picks like Grenier and Stowers start in rookie ball, a level below Delmarva and hardly set the world on fire in their first half season.  So even if you say low A is watered down a bit, Teter, Rhodes, Burns, Cook, William's, etc., are doing well. Every 2021 draftee is at least holding their own, if not better.  It's not expected for all of them to be doing well.  It's nice.   A lot of us are enjoying it for what it is.  It seems like others are not.  Oh well.

I think everyone is enjoying it…but people are also capable of enjoying it and looking ahead and having conversations about both.  Some aren’t.  Oh well.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nope.  I was just curious how the team was doing compared to the rest of their division and thought others might also be interested.

If I had something else to say I would have said it.

If anyone else had posted that information would you be questioning them?

Maybe. Maybe not.  I engage other posters. You're not quite as special as you think.

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think everyone is enjoying it…but people are also capable of enjoying it and looking ahead and having conversations about both.  Some aren’t.  Oh well.

What are the looking ahead concerns?  You mean, like with every every prospect, how will they do as they advance?

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

What are the looking ahead concerns?  You mean, like with every every prospect, how will they do as they advance?

Yes.  Exactly.  I don’t see anything wrong with wanting to discuss those things and most people who aren’t trolls or have some stupid grudge they are carrying would agree.  Especially since this is a message board that is built on the idea of discussion.  Otherwise, this site wouldn’t exist.

But not everyone, so oh well. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes.  Exactly.  I don’t see anything wrong with wanting to discuss those things and most people who aren’t trolls or have some stupid grudge they are carrying would agree.  Especially since this is a message board that is built on the idea of discussion.  Otherwise, this site wouldn’t existS

But not everyone, so oh well. 

Happy Sunday!

You already have predictions at which levels each of these players will bottom out at? 

Just enjoy the good start.  No one has a clue about the future. 

Next year our full season teams are going to be the most interesting to follow since back before our last run in 2012. 

Norfolk is going to be loaded with legit prospects and not the fringey kind. Aberdeen will simply inherit the present day Delmarva lineup. Delmarva is going to be made up of primarily int’l signings to start. Bowie may have the lease amount of prospects to start. 

I see a system next year where we start to push out some of the util types/org players and one that players have to produce to get playing time. 

I don’t see Elias changing draft strategies so this time next year, we should be looking at an even more loaded season with the bats. Especially if Kjerstad returns. 

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was a little surprised to hear that Delmarva is that low in the standings.  There’s not a lot of middle ground in that league; only two of 12 teams hovering around .500 and everyone else at least 15 games over or  9 games under.   Top two teams have a playoff; Delmarva is 4 games out of second place with 13 games to go.   Their final two series are against Fredericksburg which is the second worst team in the league, and Salem which is the team they need to catch for second place.    So, they’re definitely still in the running but it won’t be easy.  

Fun to see Delmarva pounding some teams lately and it gives me hope some of these guys - especially Cowser and Norby - can help eventually.

I like to see our prospects check all the boxes on the way through the system. I don't see the point of rushing them and taking any chance on impeding their development.

5 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Happy Sunday!

You already have predictions at which levels each of these players will bottom out at? 

Just enjoy the good start.  No one has a clue about the future. 

Doesn't mean we can't talk/speculate about it.  Don't tell me how to discuss things and I won't tell you.  

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Doesn't mean we can't talk/speculate about it.  Don't tell me how to discuss things and I won't tell you.  

You can speculate all you want.  I didn't really see you with an opinion on any individual player as far as what you see in the Sportsguy crystal ball.  Most, if not all, of these players show good early signs of controlling the strike zone.  As usual, you're a funny guy.  A very bitter and angry funny guy.  You say I'm the one who holds a grudge.  I come on here each day with a clean slate.  You seem angry.  I'm going to offer opinions in response to yours.  If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, or at least take your apron off and chill a little.  lol

54 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You can speculate all you want.  I didn't really see you with an opinion on any individual player as far as what you see in the Sportsguy crystal ball.  Most, if not all, of these players show good early signs of controlling the strike zone.  As usual, you're a funny guy.  A very bitter and angry funny guy.  You say I'm the one who holds a grudge.  I come on here each day with a clean slate.  You seem angry.  I'm going to offer opinions in response to yours.  If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, or at least take your apron off and chill a little.  lol

Not angry at all.  And it’s funny that you think you have heat.  You are Antarctica.  You just b**ch and moan in these threads.  There is no analysis from you.  It’s just crying.  

You feel everything is great apparently and that all of these guys are going to be good and got whatever reason, if myself or CoC disagrees with that, out come the tears by you.