Brandon Hyde deserves credit

accinfo

This  year we have seen a lot of bad baseball but in my opinion because of the lack of talent not lack of a good manager.  I am not saying Brandon Hyde is a good manager yet because I need to see what he can do when he has enough good players.  However, these guys don't quit on each other and I think that is a reflection on their manager.  The pitchers he has had at his disposable to start games is enough to sink a team to 100 losses.  The innings leader is Matt Harvey.  That isn't his fault.  I want to see what his managing record is when he has a major league 3B, SS, 2B, and C and a starting rotation of at three major league number 5 starters.   I hope they announce his extension tomorrow after a fun win.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree.

I've never understood all the Hyde "hate" I see at times. I really like the guy and it's clear his players like him. And with the way the year has gone, his players don't give up. 

I'd like to see him extended and manage this team for years to come once some of the better players start trickling in.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, accinfo said:

This is year we have seen a lot of bad baseball but in my opinion because of the lack of talent not lack of a good manager.  I am not saying Brandon Hyde is a good manager yet because I need to see what he can do when he has enough good players.  However, these guys don't quit on each other and I think that is a reflection on their manager.  The pitchers he has had at his disposable to start games is enough to sink a team to 100 losses.  The innings leader is Matt Harvey.  That isn't his fault.  I want to see what his managing record is when he has a major league 3B, SS, 2B, and C and a starting rotation of at three major league number 5 starters.   I hope they announce his extension tomorrow after a fun win.

I am not the only one who strongly disagrees with you.

However, there are lots of people strongly agree with you, so there is that…

2 hours ago, gtman55 said:

I agree.

I've never understood all the Hyde "hate" I see at times. I really like the guy and it's clear his players like him. And with the way the year has gone, his players don't give up. 

I'd like to see him extended and manage this team for years to come once some of the better players start trickling in.

I’m in.

It does not take a good manager to coach a team to its skill level.  A good manager is able to elevate his team above its skill level.  The question should not be about the ability of the players but the ability of the manager to get the most out of what he has been given.  I think Hyde has been given D level players and gotten D level results out of them.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Daddy-O's said:

It does not take a good manager to coach a team to its skill level.  A good manager is able to elevate his team above its skill level.  The question should not be about the ability of the players but the ability of the manager to get the most out of what he has been given.  I think Hyde has been given D level players and gotten D level results out of them.  

If this is D level results, what the heck does it take to earn an F?   

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, accinfo said:

This is year we have seen a lot of bad baseball but in my opinion because of the lack of talent not lack of a good manager.  I am not saying Brandon Hyde is a good manager yet because I need to see what he can do when he has enough good players.  However, these guys don't quit on each other and I think that is a reflection on their manager.  The pitchers he has had at his disposable to start games is enough to sink a team to 100 losses.  The innings leader is Matt Harvey.  That isn't his fault.  I want to see what his managing record is when he has a major league 3B, SS, 2B, and C and a starting rotation of at three major league number 5 starters.   I hope they announce his extension tomorrow after a fun win.

During the recent Yankee series in the Bronx, the inveterate radio announcer John Sterling frequently remarked that the Orioles did not look like a tanking team that had mailed it in, but were playing and managed as if they were in a dogfight for a playoff spot. Of course, he was flabbergasted by the Yankees' inability to put the O's away, but I heard real admiration in his voice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I will agree, his teams have put forth effort during his time here.  They have gotten their brains beaten in and come back the next night like nothing ever happened.

Hyde is fine.  I hope he gets a chance to manage a talented team, too.

Just look at last night's game down 5-0 headed into the bottom of the eighth inning. They easily could have slept walk through the last inning and a half. Instead we get perhaps the best comeback of the season. 

• Upvote 1