MLBTR arbitration projections

Sports Guy

35 minutes ago, scOtt said:

It's not just disagreement, your position is almost untenable. That's a solid, middle-of-the-order hitter. You just want to chuck him by the wayside and bring up or bring in WHO?

Adley isn't going to light the world on fire this year.

I’ve already said, Mountcastle. 

And it’s likely AR outproduces Mancini by quite a bit. But it’s besides the point. They already have someone in the starting lineup who outproduces Mancini. 

Just now, Il BuonO said:

I’ve already said, Mountcastle. 

And it’s likely AR outproduces Mancini by quite a bit. But it’s besides the point. They already have someone in the starting lineup who outproduces Mancini. 

Who is your DH and backup for 1B.  Can they hit as well as Mancini if he returns to his 2019 production?

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

AR should have nothing to do with whether Mancini stays or goes.   The O's need to lengthen their lineup with good hitters to improve in the AL East.  Mullins , Mountcastle, Mancini, Adley, Hays, Santander, Urias,  giving Mateo at bats to see if he can help.   Taking Mancini out without a replacement does not help the team improve.

The question is if Mancini is traded/released who replaces him?

I'm not arguing for that, but keeping Trey because he will be a better hitter than AR isn't a reason to keep Trey. I'd keep Trey because between the 1B/DH positions the Orioles only have two proven options on the team in Mountcastle and Trey.

It’s impossible to say if Trey’s numbers this year were impacted by his illness the year before.   At certain points during the season, he was having a very good year. His OPS was as high as .827 as late as July 28.   His final landing of .758 was the lowest his OPS was at any point after May 15.   He may have gotten fatigued by the cumulative impact of the long rehab plus a full season, or he may just have had a mediocre second half.  It happens.  

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

And play who?  McKenna you can't hit a fastball or Stewart who is so streaky that when he is not hitting he is an out.  Neither are as good as Trey at DH even when he is not hitting well.

Who cares?

Isn't keeping Trey healthy more important than putting out the best lineup?

4 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Not much.

I’m reading all the comments, before making my own, but I wanted to chime in here and say that you are correct, he doesn’t have much trade value, but he doesn’t have none. And that means we can find out where he would be most valuable and direct our efforts there. Are the Rockies going to contend next year? They could sure use a slugging first basement, if they don’t have one, are the Diamondbacks going to keep Christian Walker? He’s been flailing, but on the other hand, They are also a terrible team, they might be content to let him continue to flail.

Boston has a horrible first baseman in Bobby Dalbec, the Rays have Gi Man Choi Appears to be a great guy who doesn’t hit nearly as well as Trey, and so on.

Trey has value.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

You should have a talk to Brandon Hyde because he certainly thinks Trey was impacted by illness.

https://www.audacy.com/1057thefan/authors/big-bad-morning-show

FF to 10:15.

I can’t tell where on that link Hyde is interviewed.   

I’m definitely not discounting the possibility that Trey’s season was impacted by his illness.   But there’s no real way to know, regardless of whatever Hyde says or believes.   Even if Trey comes back from a “regular” offseason and has a great year in 2022, we won’t know.   After all, Trey didn’t have cancer in 2018, yet he had a very mediocre year then, worse than 2021 in fact.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I can’t tell where on that link Hyde is interviewed.   

I’m definitely not discounting the possibility that Trey’s season was impacted by his illness.   But there’s no real way to know, regardless of whatever Hyde says or believes.   Even if Trey comes back from a “regular” offseason and has a great year in 2022, we won’t know.   After all, Trey didn’t have cancer in 2018, yet he had a very mediocre year then, worse than 2021 in fact.   

Supposedly he was also playing hurt in 2018, after he banged his knee.