Cedric on the block

connja

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So now I’m playing with the baseballtradevalues.com values.

Mullins (66.2) + Santander (9.9) = $76.1 mm.

Lopez (57.1) + Meyer (22.2) + Anderson (11.5) = $90.8 mm

Good trade for us, bad for the Marlins, per these valuations (which, needless to say, aren’t gospel).   

Bad trade?  I don’t think so, even by those numbers.

Lopez has yet to pitch more than 100ish innings and Meyer is still an unknown.  

14 million of production is less than 2 wins.  That’s over the course of a career.  I don’t think that’s a bad trade by any means.

The Marlins are likely winning the trade early and losing it late.  That’s the way I would view it and I think most teams would view those types of deals the same way.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

So now I’m playing with the baseballtradevalues.com values.

Mullins (66.2) + Santander (9.9) = $76.1 mm.

Lopez (57.1) + Meyer (22.2) + Anderson (11.5) = $90.8 mm

Good trade for us, bad for the Marlins, per these valuations (which, needless to say, aren’t gospel).   

I keep seeing this proposal and I love it.  Meyer is the guy I really wanted in 2020 (not Martin).  I'd very much do it... and I'm one the few Santander fans around here.

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Calm down. You’re going to have a heart attack over Odor. It’s ok. Just think, Alex Cobb just got 2/20. Think about that. 

What?  Do you even know what you are talking about at this point?  

This post literally has nothing to do with anything being said here.

And btw, that’s a good contract for the Giants.

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Calm down. You’re going to have a heart attack over Odor. It’s ok. Just think, Alex Cobb just got 2/20. Think about that. 

To be fair he is having a heart attack over Hays because apparently trading Mullins is the only possible good idea. I've stopped responding directly as doing so leads nowhere.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

To be fair he is having a heart attack over Hays because apparently trading Mullins is the only possible good idea. I've stopped responding directly as doing so leads nowhere.

To be fair, this is a stupid post.

I was saying that the website you referenced has zero credibility and the idea that Hays could fetch Meyer is laughable.  

On 11/29/2021 at 11:12 AM, panick said:

Why would the sons not have to pay the inheritance tax? It is my understanding that only spouse to spouse inheritance is tax-free.

I'm not 100% sure, but if they sold now while Peter Angelos is alive, they would have to pay capital gains tax on the sale. Angelos' group bought the team for $173 million in 1993. The Royals just sold for $1 billion in 2019. So, assuming the O's sell for about that, they're looking at a big tax bill.

If they wait until after Peter Angelos passes on, they'd avoid the capital gains tax since tax laws would assess the club at it's current fair market value.

It all seems pretty complicated, here's an article from ESPN about it:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2407875

• Upvote 1