Any surprise non tenders for the Os today?

Sports Guy

As much as I would be interested to see an owner's dream of the full active roster making the MLB minimum, I don't see Santander or Mancini getting nontendered, both because we need placeholder OF/DH until Stowers/Cowser/Kjerstad are ready, and because they may have some trade value if they produce. Fry is a possibility, depends whether they think last year's second half implosion was a blip or the norm.

50 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think there's basically no reason to non tender anyone because they can just do what they did with Iglesias and Bundy: tender but trade before the season. 

I expect that to happen with Santander maybe.

Fry is on the fence, I could see him getting non tendered.

Yeah I don’t see any reason to tender Fry. All the more reason he should’ve been traded. 

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It was a baffling non move.

11 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Yeah I don’t see any reason to tender Fry. All the more reason he should’ve been traded. 

We have no idea what the market was for a reliever in a career year but with a mixed track record. I agree he was on paper an ideal trade candidate that looks even more like a missed opportunity in hindsight. 

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It was a baffling non move.

I can't really argue here. It's possible no one really offered anything of note for him (and he was pitching well at the time, so I could see holding out for a better offer), but then he fell off a cliff. So it doesn't look great now. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get for a 29 yr old reliever pitching above his head. 

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

I can't really argue here. It's possible no one really offered anything of note for him (and he was pitching well at the time, so I could see holding out for a better offer), but then he fell off a cliff. So it doesn't look great now. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get for a 29 yr old reliever pitching above his head. 

Except that we had previous evidence that he wasn’t pitching over his head.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Except that we had previous evidence that he wasn’t pitching over his head.

Ah, I guess I wasn't aware. To Elias' defense, I don't think anyone saw Fry faceplanting THAT hard, and then continuing to do so at AAA. 

Maybe the lefty reliever market just wasn't real hot.