John Means 2022

Il BuonO

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Got a real chance to match last year’s loss total of 110. 

I hope not.  I mean, Means being out for the year with Tommy John certainly helps that but you also hope that G-Rod and other prospects come up and contribute to keep us from that number.

In other words, if we lose 110 again this year, we're completely proper ****ed, with or without Means.  I admit I was being a bit hyperbolic in saying we iced 100 losses.  If we do, it's because we've got Harvey up here and the prospects are miserable.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I hope not.  I mean, Means being out for the year with Tommy John certainly helps that but you also hope that G-Rod and other prospects come up and contribute to keep us from that number.

In other words, if we lose 110 again this year, we're completely proper ****ed, with or without Means.  I admit I was being a bit hyperbolic in saying we iced 100 losses.  If we do, it's because we've got Harvey up here and the prospects are miserable.  

I hope this is the push Elias needs to start promoting prospects up from MILB. And that Means isn’t seriously injured. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I hope this is the push Elias needs to start promoting prospects up from MILB. And that Means isn’t seriously injured. 

I think Elias has made it clear that he's going to do what he wants, when he wants.  He's not on anyone's time table other than his own.

I hope Means isn't seriously injured but I don't know forearm tightness to mean anything else other than a precursor for Tommy John.  I'm pretty sure that he didn't just blow his arm out tonight but also the fact that it's tight probably means that he's missing a few starts and he needs to be handled with care from here on out.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Elias has made it clear that he's going to do what he wants, when he wants.  He's not on anyone's time table other than his own.

I hope Means isn't seriously injured but I don't know forearm tightness to mean anything else other than a precursor for Tommy John.  I'm pretty sure that he didn't just blow his arm out tonight but also the fact that it's tight probably means that he's missing a few starts and he needs to be handled with care from here on out.

Elias is probably now wishing he had made a couple waiver claims for SP’s over this past week.

13 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

Elias is probably now wishing he had made a couple waiver claims for SP’s over this past week.

Mat Latos is pitching for the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs of the Atlantic League, maybe we can entice him to come pitch. Though the Blue Crabs went to the Atlantic Lg playoffs last year, so the Orioles might not be as enticing.