MLB.com top 100

Sports Guy

There's a good chance Rob is right, but it will be fun if Witt becomes fancy Hunter Dozier and Rutschman climbs pretty far up Mt. Posey.

The handling stuff has kind of clouded Rutschman the ballplayer.   

I think what kind of defender Witt proves to be will in real life control if he can make Elias look bad - he's going to get more HR/RBI and highlights, so let's just get out in front of that.

Setting Witt and Adley aside, would you switch our next 7 years for Kansas City's?

11 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

People have Adley because he was the #1 pick and because people had him over Witt in their initial evaluations.

Most don’t come off of those things.

But Witt is performing as well, if not better and doing it at a far younger age and at, imo, a more important position.  

I would trade Adley for Witt in a heartbeat.  I think if the Os had Witt and the Royals had Adley, every person on here would be saying there’s no doubt Witt should be ranked higher for the exact reasons I stated.

Shrug.    I’m just saying you’re opinion that Witt is the better prospect is necessarily wrong.  I just don’t think it’s obvious when most of the objective experts are saying the opposite.  

I just want Rutschman to be an excellent, consistent player who fulfills his potential.  If he does, I won’t worry about whether Witt or someone else turns out to be a little better.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Just Regular said:

There's a good chance Rob is right, but it will be fun if Witt becomes fancy Hunter Dozier and Rutschman climbs pretty far up Mt. Posey.

The handling stuff has kind of clouded Rutschman the ballplayer.   

I think what kind of defender Witt proves to be will in real life control if he can make Elias look bad - he's going to get more HR/RBI and highlights, so let's just get out in front of that.

Setting Witt and Adley aside, would you switch our next 7 years for Kansas City's?

Yes because of the division and ownership.  I would trade places with any other team in baseball outside of Colorado and maybe Arizona.  

Rutschman has higher walk rate but less power so far. Witt could be moving to third. I would say Witt has perhaps exceeded expectations a bit more than Rutschman with that .575 SLG and .936 OPS but it's very close. I would probably pick Witt today but I don't think Elias has anything to be embarrassed about. Maybe he already has a plan to buy his SS.