MASN refuses to pay for travel costs

NelsonCruuuuuz

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

These are the same guys that let coaches go to cut costs.

I still don't believe those were the reasons they were let go. I think this team is run as cheaply as possible for sure, but I think they used that as a bad excuse to move on from coaches they were ready to move on from.

51 minutes ago, seak05 said:

There is logic to the orioles not spending on the major league roster 

The lack of travel for broadcasters though is just cheap, and shows how little they care about the fans. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not even a large cost 

Yea there is logic.  It’s just terrible logic and it spits in the face of fans.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I still don't believe those were the reasons they were let go. I think this team is run as cheaply as possible for sure, but I think they used that as a bad excuse to move on from coaches they were ready to move on from.

I agree.   And we only heard this from the coaches who were let go.   I think the team is building the staff Elias wants.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AnythingO's said:

Is Frederick going to have any non-affiliated baseball season this year?

Frederick will again be part of the (semi-affiliated?) MLB Draft League. I went to a few games last season...it kind of played like DII baseball, which is not the fault of the players, it's kinda hard to mash a team of college players who have never met under new coaches for a couple of months in the summer. The Cape Cod League it is not, but it's still baseball and a nice community-centric ballpark.

That being said, I wear a Southern Maryland Blue Crabs hat, which is part of the independent Atlantic League so you get to see some former/aspiring MLB players, and they were for a time managed by Chris Hoiles and you see quite a few former-Orioles minor leaguers/major leaguers cycle through, I guess due to regional familiarity.