Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

37 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Adley has nothing to prove at AAA.  So he is essentially a major leaguer on rehab.  Normally a major leaguer goes to AAA to rehab.  So I don't really know what to make of this.

I don’t think it’s always the case that major leaguers begin their rehab in AAA. Just at random I picked out JJ Hardy, who had several rehab stints while with the O’s.   He had three games at Bowie in both 2015 and 2016.   Last year, Richie Martin and Anthony Santander both rehabbed at Bowie, Jahmai Jones at Aberdeen.   In 2019, Rio Ruiz and Mark Trumbo rehabbed at Bowie.  None of these were long stints, by the way.  2-4 games.  

8 minutes ago, seak05 said:

That said, given Adley got no spring training, and hasn’t played in a game all year…I would think it’s going to be a longer rehab assignment & not just a couple games at high A.

Most definitely going to take a several weeks before Rutschman is going to be ready to join the Orioles. It's seeming like this weekend is out for Rutschman to start playing in minor leagues games. 

But this being the Orioles, I wouldn't be surprised is Rutschman does start playing in games this weekend given the lack of communication from the front office on anything and everything. 

Really diving into the weeds of geography, I assume Adley in Sarasota and next week Norfolk being at Gwinnett would be a shorter trip for him to get somewhere (and help Grayson pitch to Ronald Acuna).

But I hear it like the competitive setting is going to be dialed down to super-easy.   Delmarva and Aberdeen deserve one more look, right?

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Norfolk and Bowie are home this weekend.   Then they both go on the road next week.   Aberdeen is home next week but if he goes there he will only be there for a couple of games and then he has to go on the road at AA or AAA.

Makes more sense to me for Adley to go to AAA where he is with Grayson and Bradish.

Aberdeen is home the week of 4/26-5/1, Bowie is home 5/3-5/8 then he can join Norfolk at home from 5/10 until he is called up.

The schedule couldn't be designed any better to give him stepping stones to play into AAA shape if that is what they want to do.

Whether you want to look at 4/26 to 5/8 as rehab or a second spring training, that seems to be the direction they are leaning.

14 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Aberdeen is home the week of 4/26-5/1, Bowie is home 5/3-5/8 then he can join Norfolk at home from 5/10 until he is called up.

The schedule couldn't be designed any better to give him stepping stones to play into AAA shape if that is what they want to do.

Whether you want to look at 4/26 to 5/8 as rehab or a second spring training, that seems to be the direction they are leaning.

My guess is Adley is in AAA way before they get home on the 10th.

14 minutes ago, interloper said:

I dunno man. AA rehab, AAA stint... I could see this going until June easily. 

With the caution the organization is exercising with prospects I won't be surprised. If Rutschman isn't on track to play in minor league games in the next seven days, it would be nice to get a communication from the team on what is the hold up. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think it’s always the case that major leaguers begin their rehab in AAA. Just at random I picked out JJ Hardy, who had several rehab stints while with the O’s.   He had three games at Bowie in both 2015 and 2016.   Last year, Richie Martin and Anthony Santander both rehabbed at Bowie, Jahmai Jones at Aberdeen.   In 2019, Rio Ruiz and Mark Trumbo rehabbed at Bowie.  None of these were long stints, by the way.  2-4 games.  

Facts.  You and your facts.  Stop letting them get in the way of the narrative!