Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think it's just hyper-caution from the O's. He's already throwing and taking BP. Word is he should be in games by next week. 

We can only hope.  I found it to be unusual that he was immediately shut down for such a minor injury.  Just hope it's not a recurring issue that is a sign of something more serious, which could involve his elbow or shoulder.  I will feel much better once he's back playing games. 

Just now, ChuckS said:

We can only hope.  I found it to be unusual that he was immediately shut down for such a minor injury.  Just hope it's not a recurring issue that is a sign of something more serious, which could involve his elbow or shoulder.  I will feel much better once he's back playing games. 

I mean, you really have to be careful with the throwing elbow for a catcher. Last thing we need is a Wieters TJS situation and he misses another year. Now that could happen anyway, but I get being cautious about the elbow. The good news is you can look at the vibe around Means' elbow injury vs the vibe around Adley's elbow injury and clearly see which one is more serious. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I know 98 Rock isn't a great barometer and I haven't been able to find it elsewhere... but Paul Minamyer claimed this morning that Adley was back to full baseball activities.  Hadn't heard that anywhere else including here.  Anyone else see/hear that?

Yes, posted in a few threads. During the Norfolk telecast they said he could see action as soon as the weekend and next step is live bp which would likely come in a day or two.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Yes, posted in a few threads. During the Norfolk telecast they said he could see action as soon as the weekend and next step is live bp which would likely come in a day or two.

Thanks NC!  I haven't seen it any threads... but been busy last few days so I haven't read everything.  Appreciate the confirmation.

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

I'm highly skeptical of the whole thing.  I'm not completely convinced there is not a more serious issue with his throwing arm.  A triceps strain does not sound like something that should keep a guy out longer than a month with no timetable to return games.  Elbow or shoulder, yes. 

You never know about an injury but I don’t get why this is such a controversial thing for people.

It was announced in mid March that he had the injury and would be shut down for 2-3 weeks.  So that puts up right around the beginning of April, give or take.  He started some light stuff at that point and has been ramping it up ever since. 

He basically had no ST, was hurt and, let’s face it, the team was in no hurry at that point Because of service time.  I always figured he would need time to get ready and then play in games and basically be up around May 1.  That just seemed like common sense to me.

Now, maybe there were some things that caused it to take a little longer and I agree that part of me won’t be convinced that he’s totally healthy until  he is back playing all the time with no issues.

But for what we know and for how things have played out, I think we are right on track with where he should be.

35 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You never know about an injury but I don’t get why this is such a controversial thing for people.

It was announced in mid March that he had the injury and would be shut down for 2-3 weeks.  So that puts up right around the beginning of April, give or take.  He started some light stuff at that point and has been ramping it up ever since. 

He basically had no ST, was hurt and, let’s face it, the team was in no hurry at that point Because of service time.  I always figured he would need time to get ready and then play in games and basically be up around May 1.  That just seemed like common sense to me.

Now, maybe there were some things that caused it to take a little longer and I agree that part of me won’t be convinced that he’s totally healthy until  he is back playing all the time with no issues.

But for what we know and for how things have played out, I think we are right on track with where he should be.

It’s not so much that he isn’t where you would expect him to be at this point. It’s more that the organization has shut down any communication about him. Every now and then Roch will report some generic info that he is progressing or doing baseball activities.

The poster NelsonCruuz said in a thread the other day, he heard the Norfolk announcers state he could get in a game this week. I don’t get why any of the beat reporters don’t seek out more info on his status. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

That's good to hear, but it would be nice if the organization was better at giving updates on the injury rehab of the number one prospect in baseball.

I've never thought Adley's injury was serious, but when weeks go by with only a few mentions it starts to make you wonder. 

Edit: after a quick check I see no mention by Steve Melewski or Roch today that Rutschman is back to full baseball activities. 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

It’s not so much that he isn’t where you would expect him to be at this point. It’s more that the organization has shut down any communication about him. Every now and then Roch will report some generic info that he is progressing or doing baseball activities.

The poster NelsonCruuz said in a thread the other day, he heard the Norfolk announcers state he could get in a game this week. I don’t get why any of the beat reporters don’t seek out more info on his status. 

Well what else do you want to hear?  Roch has provided several updates.  There isn’t much to keep saying.  I mean, do you need a detailed schedule?  

I would tend to agree that if it’s being said on the Norfolk broadcast that he is playing this week that it is something we should have known prior but that’s relative small potatoes.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well what else do you want to hear?  Roch has provided several updates.  There isn’t much to keep saying.  I mean, do you need a detailed schedule?  

I would tend to agree that if it’s being said on the Norfolk broadcast that he is playing this week that it is something we should have known prior but that’s relative small potatoes.

I’d like an estimation on when he plays again. That’s really all anyone wants. 

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's good to hear, but it would be nice if the organization was better at giving updates on the injury rehab of the number one prospect in baseball.

I've never thought Adley's injury was serious, but when weeks go by with only a few mentions it starts to make you wonder. 

Edit: after a quick check I see no mention by Steve Melewski or Roch today that Rutschman is back to full baseball activities. 

My .02: I wouldn’t blame Steve or Roch, great people. This org isn’t exactly a well oiled machine:)

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

I’d like an estimation on when he plays again. That’s really all anyone wants. 

But they aren’t going to give you that. I mean, it would be nice if they came out and said, assuming all goes right, we think he will be back around this date.  But what if something changes? Then what?  Then people bash them for not being honest.

They can’t win unless everything goes 100% smoothly.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But they aren’t going to give you that. I mean, it would be nice if they came out and said, assuming all goes right, we think he will be back around this date.  But what if something changes? Then what?  Then people bash them for not being honest.

I mean if something changes they could just tell us that too. It’s just being up front about what is happening in the organization. 

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But they already did.  They gave us an estimate, he missed it, and they said nothing.