DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I’m fine with bringing him up now if the plan is to have him in an Akin role or a 3-4 inning piggy backer to an opener like Voth.

If the plan is to have him be a normal starter capable of getting through five innings regularly, I’d like to see a few more good starts in Norfolk considering he’s coming off a rough stretch where he seemed to have no command. 

I'd rather not waste 18 more of his available innings in Norfolk.

I'm also hoping the plan is not for him to be a "normal starter".😉

19 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

My bad, they gave him the sixth and he struck out the first two guys. 13 K.

I wonder if Elias tells the coaches before the game what pitch / innings count Hall is on today or if Elias is watching the game in his office texting the bench telling them to send him back out for the 6th?

Just now, RVAOsFan said:

I wonder if Elias tells the coaches before the game what pitch / innings count Hall is on today or if Elias is watching the game in his office texting the bench telling them to send him back out for the 6th?

Halls not throwing 98 pitches unless he's given the green light by Elias. Who knows when that decision was made, like say during the 4th inning or before the game. Pretty easy nowadays to use a smartphone in the dugout. 

2 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Yeah, I was pretty surprised considering they only let him throw 71 in his last outing.

2 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I think he probably delegates stuff like that.

And I think they have a plan before the game starts but are open to mid-game adjustments if warranted.

They may not bring him up on the road (although I don't really see why), so he might not come up for Tuesday @ Cubs but he could. I look post all-star break now.

Maybe let him pitch the 12th in AAA, 17th in AAA, enjoy all star break and come up to pitch against the Yankees that Saturday or Sunday (23/24th).

36 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Nothing to back it up, but I think they map out pitch counts for an entire season ahead of time. Whatever that equates to in innings at the end of the year is what they pitch.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wow, now that's the kind of outing that makes you think he's ready. Got through six innings on 98 pitches while striking out 14.

I'm going to go home and watch this game for fun! 

What's really amazing is he threw 30 pitches in the 1st inning and was probably 1 more batter away from getting pulled.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RVAOsFan said:

Great performance.  The O's rotation is so stacked, where do you put him.  🤣 I agree with piggybacking him with Voth.  I would probably give him a couple more AAA starts to make sure he continues on the right track.  No reason not to bring him up after the All Star break.  I have milb.tv.  Bought a subscription to watch GrayRod pitch hopefully his last AAA game, which ended up being the game he got hurt.  Sounds like must see TV.

Wow!  Doesn't get much better than that. 2 walks and 2 hits in the first.  Total dominance over the next 5 and most importantly no further walks.  Kind of scary how talented both GRod and Hall are.  Pray to the health gods.

He likes to move his K-BB% in chunks.    I would guess by now we are close enough to Futures Game it has its own center of gravity and he'll be paraded there.

Would love to be wrong and for him to take the Tuesday-Sunday turns before the All-Star break.

His Pedro-sized Red Sox rival Brayan Bello makes his MLB debut tonight.