Heyman says we are kicking the tires on Matt Harvey

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

He was offered immunity from prosecution in exchange for his testimony and the drugs he provided weren't the ones taken in the overdose. 

So he's just as guilty as the Angels' employee, but got off d/t testifying.  I don't know it was proven that the Angels' employee supplied the drugs that overdosed him.

I have been very loud and insistent recently in saying that the Orioles needed to sign 1-2 more cheap veteran starters so that we didn't have to see guys like Lowther and Kremer in the rotation until they prove themselves at AAA.  

With all that said...I would much rather see Lowther and Kremer than Matt Harvey.  Harvey was abysmal last year and he has zero upside.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I have been very loud and insistent recently in saying that the Orioles needed to sign 1-2 more cheap veteran starters so that we didn't have to see guys like Lowther and Kremer in the rotation until they prove themselves at AAA.  

With all that said...I would much rather see Lowther and Kremer than Matt Harvey.  Harvey was abysmal last year and he has zero upside.  

This is how I feel also. I have no interest in seeing Harvey pitch for the O's. 

33 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

I'd take him back. He ate innings in a semi-capable manner. Heck, I'd take Pablo Escobar over Keegan Akin and Spenser Watkins.

Same here.  I don't mind signing him to a minor league deal and giving him a few starts in AAA to see if he can eat some innings for the big league team in the dog days of summer.

29 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

So he's just as guilty as the Angels' employee, but got off d/t testifying.  I don't know it was proven that the Angels' employee supplied the drugs that overdosed him.

It was proven enough for a jury to convict. 

We didn't move the wall back for Cole Hamels?

I mean, I don't know if he can throw a baseball today, but the Dodgers wanted him (or he wanted them) eight months ago, and Heyman's reported he wants to pitch this year.

He can have practice games against actual MLB teams!   And perhaps show those Dodgers he deserves to be their 10th reliever in October.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not buying it. The Orioles have plenty of SP depth this year with guys who need to be evaluated. 

Means
Lyles
Zimmermann
T. Wells
Lowther
Kremer
Akin
Baumann
Bradish
Eventually Grayson Rodriguez

And then you have A. Wells along with Ellis and Watkins as break glass in case of Emergency. 

I don't see where washed up Harvey fits.

It is the O's, so....

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not buying it. The Orioles have plenty of SP depth this year with guys who need to be evaluated. 

Means
Lyles
Zimmermann
T. Wells
Lowther
Kremer
Akin
Baumann
Bradish
Eventually Grayson Rodriguez

And then you have A. Wells along with Ellis and Watkins as break glass in case of Emergency. 

I don't see where washed up Harvey fits.

Not if they trade John Means...to a desperate Mets team perhaps.