Kyle Stowers 2022

Tony-OH

From Roch:

Former Orioles catcher Caleb Joseph, working for Blue Jays radio during the four-game series in Toronto, watched Kyle Stowers’ first at-bat and experienced flashbacks.

Joseph said the outfield prospect reminds him of former teammate Nick Markakis.

Like a carbon copy at the plate.

“When I first saw him making his major league debut, and the head-on view, I was getting some scary Markakis vibes in terms of the way his elbows were moving, and just the motion of the bat pre-pitch. And then the way he loaded, and his hover, were identical to me,” Joseph said.

“Out of nowhere I thought, ‘Oh my goodness, that’s Markakis with blonde hair.' And the build looks similar. I don’t know why, but it just flashed ‘Markakis’ in my head. And man, a really good Oriole, so if he’s anywhere close to Markakis, I think it will be a really good thing for the Orioles.”

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/leftovers-for-breakfast-1-3

Not very similar players, even if their stances and movements in the batters box are similar.

19 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

So let's examine this for a moment.

What is the purpose here?  Is it to win as many games as possible or develop players?

If the goal is to win every game possible than Hyde is just a moron for not walking Vlad Jr last night.  So, is Hyde a moron or are they still wanting these guys to learn and develop?

Do they believe McKenna gives them a better chance to win vs Stowers?  If so, isn't that an indictment on Stowers, since McKenna just isn't good.

Let me put all of this another way....there is no consistency in what they are doing.  You are either putting a premium on development or you are trying to win.  Now, it is possible to do both but not in the way the Orioles have done it in this situation and last night.  

If Stowers is sent down after they knew he was only going to play 1 game, that is a stupid decision on every level.  It is completely indefensible.  I know everyone wants to act like Elias does no wrong but this would be incredibly dumb.  Its not even just a bad decision..  Its just stupidity.  

Now, if he stays here and this is just them "protecting" him early on, so be it.  I don't like it but its justifiable at least.  

I’ll take Hyde is a moron. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/16/2022 at 1:36 PM, Sports Guy said:

Right.  Like, why not just bring up any random body instead of taking at bats away from him in AAA?

That's why I think he's staying.  I am giving the org the benefit of the doubt that they aren't this completely stupid.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:59 PM, Frobby said:

I’d say the chances he’s going down are 99%.   

Make it 100%.

“Outfielder Kyle Stowers and reliever Rico Garcia were sent back down to Triple-A Norfolk after yesterday’s game.”

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/santander-and-mancini-included-in-orioles-lineup

He’ll be back.   

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How so?  6 more weeks in AAA until we trade Mancini and/or Santander is what we have or any team in MLB would do. 

Doom and gloom for no reason. If we hadn’t called him up it would’ve been the wrong move too. 

You don't know what it's like to have 20/20 vision when the rest of the world is wearing bifocals.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

No problem with him going down. Have a problem with him getting called up and  only playing in two out of four games.

Once Mancini and/or Santander are traded he needs to be back up for good and playing everyday. 

He got to play in 2 big league games. Was around coaching staff and teammates for 4 games. This was like a dress rehearsal. 

He was never staying up here. 

• Like 1