Kyle Stowers 2022

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If they do send him down this was a really stupid experiment.

Right.  Like, why not just bring up any random body instead of taking at bats away from him in AAA?

That's why I think he's staying.  I am giving the org the benefit of the doubt that they aren't this completely stupid.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Right.  Like, why not just bring up any random body instead of taking at bats away from him in AAA?

That's why I think he's staying.  I am giving the org the benefit of the doubt that they aren't this completely stupid.

I guess there's a first time for everything, homie. 😅

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I guess there's a first time for everything, homie. 😅

Yes, I was thinking this very thing.  They have done a lot of really dumb things but I just have to think they weren't this dumb.

I mean, the plan was likely to sit him these last 2 games, so why is he here if you aren't keeping him up?

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes, I was thinking this very thing.  They have done a lot of really dumb things but I just have to think they weren't this dumb.

I mean, the plan was likely to sit him these last 2 games, so why is he here if you aren't keeping him up?

Oh, I totally agree with you... it would be shockingly stupid. The soft side of me wants to believe they're past this kind of dumb **** but I'm not sure.

We've all seen a lot of stupidity in our years, but less so from this regime. It would be a major bummer if he gets sent out.

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t know why you give them the benefit of the doubt. They’re running Nevin out at 3B every day. I haven’t seen anything to think Elias can effectively manage a ML roster that is trying to maximize wins. 

Just now, waroriole said:

I don’t know why you give them the benefit of the doubt. They’re running Nevin out at 3B every day. I haven’t seen anything to think Elias can effectively manage a ML roster that is trying to maximize wins. 

I still don't think he is managing the ML roster for that purpose. 

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’d say the chances he’s going down are 99%.   This wasn’t done to foster Stowers’ development.  It was done because he was the best option available to substitute for Santander, whether he played in all four games or zero.  I don’t think it will kill him that he missed one extra game he could have played in AAA.  He got a little taste of the Show, so good for him.  

Now of course, I could be completely wrong about what they’ll do.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

No Stowers in lineup today against Gausman. Hyde has McKenna in there. Pretty disappointing. 

How stupid.  Get him in the lineup.  He's only up here for 4 games, and he doesn't start 2 of them, and instead give the spot to McKenna?  Dumb.  

3 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

I still don't think he is managing the ML roster for that purpose. 

He’s not managing it for development purposes either. What is he doing? Is he capable? It feels like he needs Duquette to come in and show him how to be a GM

3 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

How stupid.  Get him in the lineup.  He's only up here for 4 games, and he doesn't start 2 of them, and instead give the spot to McKenna?  Dumb.  

I agree here.

Bring up Bannon and let him rot on the bench if you're not going to play Stowers. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d say the chances he’s going down are 99%.   This wasn’t done to foster Stowers’ development.  It was done because he was the best option available to substitute for Santander, whether he played in all four games or zero.  I don’t think it will kill him that he missed one extra game he could have played in AAA.  He got a little taste of the Show, so good for him.  

Now of course, I could be completely wrong about what they’ll do.  

Yea I agree with this, Frobby. The move was one of pure utility because he was the best option. I imagine they told him he was only up for the series. He missed, what? One or two games with Norfolk? But got his first big league RBI. That’s good for his development. As is him being sent back down for another few weeks until there’s room for him to play every day like he currently is doing in Norfolk.