Interesting Cuts?

Bahama O's Fan

I believe that Westburg and Henderson should be brought up before the end of the year.  Several players on the 40 man roster are just utility players.  How many utility players does one team need.  I wouldn't be surprised if Westburg and Henderson are kept down long enough to retain rookie status for 2023.  Would be good to start their acclimation to ML pitching this year.  Maybe they could be hitting out of the gate next year, instead of having a month or more of .500-.600 OPS.  Which would be just like keeping Odor, Nevin and Mateo as starters for the 1st month. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I believe that Westburg and Henderson should be brought up before the end of the year.  Several players on the 40 man roster are just utility players.  How many utility players does one team need.  I wouldn't be surprised if Westburg and Henderson are kept down long enough to retain rookie status for 2023.  Would be good to start their acclimation to ML pitching this year.  Maybe they could be hitting out of the gate next year, instead of having a month or more of .500-.600 OPS.  Which would be just like keeping Odor, Nevin and Mateo as starters for the 1st month. 

There are several payers on the 40 we don't have to be concerned about related to Westburg and his "clock", Henderson is a whole nuther matter. I don't give a flying F*** about ANY Rule 5 guy vs Henderson's clock starting. We are at the point of the rebuild that Rule 5 guys and the management of the 40 shouldn't impact any current "good to great" prosepect.

14 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

There are several payers on the 40 we don't have to be concerned about related to Westburg and his "clock", Henderson is a whole nuther matter. I don't give a flying F*** about ANY Rule 5 guy vs Henderson's clock starting. We are at the point of the rebuild that Rule 5 guys and the management of the 40 shouldn't impact any current "good to great" prosepect.

It has nothing to do with taking a rule 5 player, it has to do with being able to protect our players from being in taken in the rule 5. 

Essentially our bench next year will be made up of guys with zero options. McKenna, Urias, and Mateo. Plus a Catcher.