Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

5 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Not that this is related that we know so far as of now, but why is there so much emphasis and hype on pitchers throwing so hard, when it seems to lead to so many injuries? 

Because velocity is a key indicator of effectiveness.

Would you want a healthy guy that throws 88 MPH and can't get anyone out?

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

A number of outcomes could have transpired in that alternate reality.

The injury wasn't preordained.

But I saw black smoke coming from the Sistine Chapel 

You do know if you see white smoke coming from Elias office in the warehouse, another top prospect is on the way to Baltimore. 

2 hours ago, Aglets said:

I think the important thing is that we speculate, panic, and assume that the end is nigh........all before we have the final test results in.

Here is hoping it was more of a spasm related to dehydration and it is more easily fixed.

When was the last time it ended up on the best case scenario for the Orioles a situation like this?

I'm not panicking because it's not like he grabbed his side like Bleier did. But I'm an Orioles fan at heart, and I know that we're not allowed to have nice things! :D

Just now, Frobby said:

Before this gets totally lost in the injury panic, here’s Grayson’s last six outings: 34.1 IP, 16 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 9 BB, 47 K’s, 0.79 ERA, 0.73 WHIP, 12.3 K/9, 5.2 K/BB, 0.385 OPSA.

Yep, he was certainly ready pitching wise. Let's hope this was a cramping situation from dehydration on a hot, steamy night in Norfolk!

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You obviously haven’t been following the Orioles and their crack beat reporters very closely!

I can't tell if it's just an extremely tight lipped FO or if these guys are just lazy, but the beat guys are horrible at getting information out. Most of the time they all, in unison, just repost something that the Orioles account releases. 

6 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I can't tell if it's just an extremely tight lipped FO or if these guys are just lazy, but the beat guys are horrible at getting information out. Most of the time they all, in unison, just repost something that the Orioles account releases. 

I'm not quite ready to blame the beat guys when the FO tells us things like GRod "still has a few boxes to check." Really? Which ones would those be? I just don't understand the reluctance to inform the fan base. This isn't the NFL where we don't want the other team to know whether Lamar will play in the upcoming game.

1 minute ago, Gentile4 said:

I'm not quite ready to blame the beat guys when the FO tells us things like GRod "still has a few boxes to check." Really? Which ones would those be? I just don't understand the reluctance to inform the fan base. This isn't the NFL where we don't want the other team to know whether Lamar will play in the upcoming game.

Elias is very clearly in the camp of "I'm going to treat this like a national security matter and not share any info that isn't required", which is a silly approach for an entertainment product. As smart as he may be, I'm deeply unimpressed with his ability to manage the relationship between the front office and the fanbase.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Before this gets totally lost in the injury panic, here’s Grayson’s last six outings: 34.1 IP, 16 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 9 BB, 47 K’s, 0.79 ERA, 0.73 WHIP, 12.3 K/9, 5.2 K/BB, 0.385 OPSA.

That's what makes his inevitable downward spiral through injury, depression, overeating, substance abuse, legal troubles, starring in his own reality show, and, finally, hanging out at a fat farm/rehab clinic with Sidney Ponson that much harder to swallow.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, deward said:

Elias is very clearly in the camp of "I'm going to treat this like a national security matter and not share any info that isn't required", which is a silly approach for an entertainment product. As smart as he may be, I'm deeply unimpressed with his ability to manage the relationship between the front office and the fanbase.

Hey now, he did an AMA on Reddit back in November of 2018!

5 minutes ago, deward said:

Have the Orioles not always been this way regarding minor league injuries or did they change under Elias? 

10 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Have the Orioles not always been this way regarding minor league injuries or did they change under Elias? 

The updates have definitely been more slow to come in since Elias took over, and Tony has mentioned that his sources no longer provide him the same level of information.

43 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You obviously haven’t been following the Orioles and their crack beat reporters very closely!

MASN is basically a PR extension of the Orioles. The Baltimore Sun is a dying newspaper with many experienced reporters who took buyouts and after some tough articles from the beat reporters over the years ,have basically had fluff pieces this year. No columnist covers the Orioles like Mike Preston who covers the Ravens and is tough.

Dubroff is ok but never breaks anything. Connolly can be tougher.