Dillon Tate 2022

luismatos4prez

I don't know if I would go that far.

The broadcast guys did comment on it, and even said they were surprised there wasn't a mound visit.

It's worth following, though there was also talk that Tate had looked to sacrifice velocity to gain movement in winter work.

Let's hope it's that.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Does anyone know how hard Tate was throwing during spring training? I'm curious if his velocity has been down all spring or is this something that just popped up. 

I'm sure the cadre of reporters down there would have informed us of any irregularities. 

20 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Does anyone know how hard Tate was throwing during spring training? I'm curious if his velocity has been down all spring or is this something that just popped up. 

Remember he went a solid week at the end of spring training without pitching in a game.   He had a "sore throat" and stayed home from camp for 4 or 5 days in a row so he might not even have been up to working out in any way.

Now they are saying a mechanical issue.   I guess we just pay attention to his velo the next few times out and see where it goes...

22 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

During the Os/Yankees game in Tampa on 3/23 he was consistently at 94mph

• Upvote 1