Means to 60-day, O's option Wells not Lakins, purchase Diplan from Norfolk

Tony-OH

54 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Great post. I love Gutierrez too. Happy to see the clutch hit yesterday. He was hitting well in ST but hasn’t played consistently since, puzzling. I would like to see him get more consistent playing time.

I think a lot of us forget that coaches see people take a lot of swings when they're not in games. Gutierrez would likely be playing if his swing (and results) in BP was that impressive.

OTOH, for all we know Odor has been impressive in those other settings, or they're working on some particular changes that they hope allow him to establish value.

Not all of these decisions are made based on what any of us can see.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I can’t imagine that many people outside of Bradish’s immediate family and friends are going to make a trip to the ballpark because it’s Kyle Bradish’s debut.   And I say that as a fan who is hopeful he can be of help.   

Now Adley’s and Grayson’s debuts will put some butts in seats.  I know I’m already thinking about being in attendance when they debut, especially Grayson (not because he’s the better prospect, just because pitchers are more at the center the action and I really want to see how his stuff plays against major league hitters).

This was more so for Adley and Grayson, who will 100% debut at home, because I don't think even the Orioles are that dumb to not have it happen. Bradish, maybe I'm being naive, but there might be a bit of excitement, and having him debut on the west coast at 10pm seems like a really good way to kill any potential excitement over the debut. 

in 400 ML plate appearances Gutierrez has a .615 OPS, but some of y'all are clamoring for him while writing off pitchers who have 20 IP. As to Nevin I'd like to see him hit for more then a month at Triple-A given his MiLB stats from both 2019 and 2021...and his limited defensive capabilities (plus his OPS is fine right now, but it's not even .900). 

(note I'm not arguing in favor of playing Odor more, and would be fine with Gutierrez getting playing time...it's just interesting the different ways in which certain prospects are viewed) 

Edited by seak05

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

in 400 ML plate appearances Gutierrez has a .615 OPS, but some of y'all are clamoring for him while writing off pitchers who have 20 IP. As to Nevin I'd like to see him hit for more then a month at Triple-A given his MiLB stats from both 2019 and 2021...and his limited defensive capabilities (plus his OPS is fine right now, but it's not even .900). 

(note I'm not arguing in favor of playing Odor more, and would be fine with Gutierrez getting playing time...it's just interesting the different ways in which certain prospects are viewed) 

What pitcher with 20ip are you talking about?

11 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

What pitcher with 20ip are you talking about?

Apologies, I was rounding - Bauman has thrown 10, Diplan 30, Ellis has also thrown 30, and Alex W tops them all at 42 (point was a lot of these semi-young pitchers haven't had a ton of big league innings & especially not consistent, in a role, innings)

Edited by seak05

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

I think a lot of us forget that coaches see people take a lot of swings when they're not in games. Gutierrez would likely be playing if his swing (and results) in BP was that impressive.

OTOH, for all we know Odor has been impressive in those other settings, or they're working on some particular changes that they hope allow him to establish value.

Not all of these decisions are made based on what any of us can see.

Love your posts btw. My thing is why is Odor here though? Makes zero sense. He’s not bringing back some high grade prospect st the deadline….

15 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Love your posts btw. My thing is why is Odor here though? Makes zero sense. He’s not bringing back some high grade prospect st the deadline….

I agree with you, unless he can find the magic he had years ago. Still talking about a #10-20 prospect in someone's system at best though, but it's a 2-3 month gamble.

I have a question and noticed it not only with the Orioles . The player will.discuss how he feels and then when they go on the IL ,the player stops talking.  Means was saying he didn't think it was that serious but after the tests don't hear from the player anymore. Adley also is supposedly rehabbing but the player is never quoted. Is this an unwritten law that after a player is put on the IL only the team can discuss it?