Ramon Urias 2022

Pushmonkey

Around this time of year I start looking *unscientifically* at the regulars in the line-up and consider whether they might be "hot" or "not". How many are hot/not? Can the hot ones carry the team while those who aren't languish? What's trending and when might things turn around.

Thermal dynamics in the least scientific way possible.

Ramon is (hopefully) in the process of clawing out of a bad slump since his scorching hot July. I suppose in the grand scheme of things it hasn't been that long of a cold spell (2+ weeks) but we've sure missed his bat lately. In July our offense seemed to be carried by Urias, Santander and Adley while Hays and Mountcastle went cold and a July performance like Ramon had from elsewhere (Vavra? Mateo?) needs to materialize in order to go on long sustained win streaks.

His last week of games is trending in the right direction but you can see in his at bats he's still not where he was or what his baseline suggests.

Let's get you right, Ramon, against a team you've had success against this season! Want to see some precision airstrikes at the Trop. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

2.7 WAR. 14 Homers. 94 GP. It seems pretty easy to me that he slots over to second base when Gunnar comes up. The question is, is Westburg really that much better than Urias to push Urias to a Util role?  

Look how much of his WAR comes from playing 3B. He is a much better 3B than 2B, at least by dWAR. I could see Gunnar at 2B or maybe some moving around depending on who is pitching etc.