Ramon Urias 2022

Pushmonkey

Not sure where Urias fits into the future infield, but he's certainly going to be part of next year's conversation.  Westburg, Henderson, Vavra, Urias, and Mateo will make for an interesting mix.

With Mancini gone, a pretty good assumption, who backs up at 1B next year?  Someone not named Nevin, I would hope.

13 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Not sure where Urias fits into the future infield, but he's certainly going to be part of next year's conversation.  Westburg, Henderson, Vavra, Urias, and Mateo will make for an interesting mix.

With Mancini gone, a pretty good assumption, who backs up at 1B next year?  Someone not named Nevin, I would hope.

I would guess we find a rental 1B/DH type until Kjerstad is ready to move into that role.  

16 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Beast Mountcastle for 162 games and 150 RBI's!

Maybe they ask Stowers to practice a little.    He could have Trey Mancini's life experience in reverse; play OF your whole life and get asked to learn 1B at the last minute.     I'd guess that'd go better for Stowers than it did for Trey.

It could even be Adley if we're really not catching him 130 times.   Young Posey at his most energetic put out a couple 125 C, 25 1B type seasons, and 25 games would be more times than I'd want to see Mountcastle sit next year.

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

It could even be Adley if we're really not catching him 130 times.   Young Posey at his most energetic put out a couple 125 C, 25 1B type seasons, and 25 games would be more times than I'd want to see Mountcastle sit next year.

Totally forgot about Adley having played at first.

Urias’ OPS is up to .767 after tonight’s game.  I think that’s second on the team currently.   

Looking at the lineup tonight, only Odor and Mateo were under .700 OPS.   There’s no big star, but a lot of solid hitters.

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, NCRaven said:

Any of those players can play 1B, not a problem. I'd probably put Vavra there unless he is DHing. 

On 7/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, NCRaven said:

Vavra and Westburg should be up yesterday so you could start getting an idea. Santander will probably be gone as well so we will need a DH

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Urias’ OPS is up to .767 after tonight’s game.  I think that’s second on the team currently.   

Looking at the lineup tonight, only Odor and Mateo were under .700 OPS.   There’s no big star, but a lot of solid hitters.

He’s only behind Mountcastle (.776) and Hays (.773). No idea why Hyder is batting him even lower post All Star break. 

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

He’s only behind Mountcastle (.776) and Hays (.773). No idea why Hyder is batting him even lower post All Star break. 

Odor was batting way too high in the lineup last night. Can't "protect" Hays with Odor. Screw righty-lefty-righty, it's ok to have 3 righties in a row against a RH SP. We obviously won the game, but Odor should be batting no higher than 8th.

• Upvote 1

For most of the season, 2B/3B/SS were a black hole in the last three spots in the lineup.  I’m pleasantly surprised that on any given night, two of those positions have been very productive with the development of Urias and Mateo.  When Westburg and Henderson arrive, they may be utility options or trade bait.  But they are fun to watch for now.

Urias is 6ft even. He can play 1B with Mountcastle needs a rest.  Event with the potential arrival of Vavra, Westburg, and Henderson, I think Urias is pretty much in the lineup every day between taking his turns at 2B, 3B, SS, 1B, and DH.

• Upvote 1