Ramon Urias 2022

Pushmonkey

Why want KG playing after a clutch hit? His d is stellar, if he can only get his bat going and when he does, they don’t play him? Maddening. Urias is not a 3b. SS/2b. I think his bat will come around, not terribly worried there. More worried about these daily lineups and why Owings is still here. Play KG at 3b and bring up Nevin to platoon. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

I'd rather Gutierrez than Odor, but neither can hit. 

Sadly, there are no ML-caliber 3B on the roster and the options at AAA don't look that great either. Hopefully Westburg will be ready next April.

Nevin has been playing 3b and at least he can hit.

6 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Nevin has been playing 3b and at least he can hit.

Nevin had an OPS of .700 last year.  Not exactly a banner season.  And just because he's playing 3B at AAA doesn't mean he's a capable third baseman.

I mean I'd rather see him than Odor but I'd rather see just about anyone than Odor.

I think Urias would be better served locked into a position. 2B or SS and leave him be all season, or at least most of the season with typical days off. I know it's just opinion but I think some players perform better when they have their assignment in place.

This team is already challenged from a talent stand point...but playing musical chairs because of a below level veteran does nothing to improve the day to day.